Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to look for in the NA motor?...I'm about to purchase a used NA motor locally...wondering if there is any specific thing I should look for when I'm about to puchase this piece.....it's on ebay.....the oil pan seem to be broken, but that could be replace with my old one....just wondering if there is any other thing I should look in it before taking it from him....please let me know...Thank you
Michael Nguyen

·
Registered
199 Posts
Might be worth fiding out the compression test figures.

·
NA-T Member
492 Posts
Do a leak down test

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It's going to be a project NA-t motor,I'm gonna replace the HG, the pistons, the blah blah blah....the guy said he has no leak down/compression test but he said we could get it done prolly tomrow if not tuesday....$500 he's gonna let the motor go for.....is it worth another 100 to get it tested?...Thank you for the response
Michael Nguyen

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Are you going to do any headwork on the new motor?

A leakdown test is still a good idea. It gives youo a reference point from the start of the build.

·
Registered
199 Posts
A leakdown test may be worth it because then u can be sure that the valve seating is good. but however, i m not so sure if you would want to spend 100 bucks to do that when the engine is only 500 bucks. however if you are going to be doing work on the head and the valve train etc. then dont bother.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for the reply.....change of plans...not getin the motor...has a broken motor mount thingy...broken oil pan....but the motor looks good...SUCKS!...soo...any of you NA-TT peepz with a motor that you don't want no more....let meeh know! and the search is still on..........
regards,
Michael Nguyen

·
Registered
319 Posts
MekoZ said:
thanx for the reply.....change of plans...not getin the motor...has a broken motor mount thingy...broken oil pan....but the motor looks good...SUCKS!...soo...any of you NA-TT peepz with a motor that you don't want no more....let meeh know! and the search is still on..........
regards,
Michael Nguyen
PM sent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts