Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WTF, over?
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my girl are buying another supra this weekend. She really wants one and is scared of my TT. It's a 93 n/a targa 5spd one owner with 155k. The thing is, now she wants me to take the car for my own, and swap everything over from my current 94 tt 6spd into the n/a that we are buying and sell my 94 since it is really in bad shape body wise and in a few other areas. She says this way i can have the 93 which will be in better shape and her and i can buy another car later on down the line after we pay off the loan she took out for the 93 with the money we get from my 94. It's confusining i know. But i guess what im looking for is does anyone else see any sense in doing all of that work? Honestly id love to get away from my 94 since it really does need a LOT of work to get it to where i want it and i dont have the time or resources to do it right now. But im just curious to see what everyone else thinks on this issue.

any thoughts?

·
WTF, over?
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought the car with a salvage title. car had been hit in the front, but nothing extremly serious. it set the airbag off and the car was deemed totalled. the guy i bought it from fixed it all up and was driving it around when he got rearended. so i saw the car sitting in his front yard and aksed him about selling it. i ended up buying the car after he showed me before pics of the front end wreck and did the body work myself on the right rear quarter to get it driveable. i ended up selling my mkIII cause a guy came along with an offer i couldnt refuse so now i daily drive the mkiv. the car drives just fine, pulls great and other than needing an alignment, the proper body work, an interior refresh, and a paint job it would be a great car. but i just dont have the resources to go through with all the body work. ive done plenty of motor swaps and tranny swaps in mkIII's so im guessing that this cant be anything much worse.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Id take bodywork, alignment and paint ANY DAY over a power plant + drive train, harness etc etc swap. Plus at the end of the day, your 93 NA-TT conversion is gonna be worth considerably less than a restored genuine 94 TT.

Thats just my 2C.

·
WTF, over?
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not really advice shes giving me, other than i would be happier with a nicer car and she knows that. and im sure that if it was a genuinely restored 94TT it would be worth more. but man, this thing has problems. i bought this thing on a rush, and didnt do my proper research. the vin numbers dont match up at all. Tell me why a car that has a targa vin # is rolling around everyday as a hard top? its my fault and no one elses for buying the car, but i got stupid and didnt think it through before i did it. point is i enjoy doing things like that (swaps and such) and i really dont have any intentions of selling either one. i would like to keep the 94 just to have a project for a later date. but at the same time it would be nice to watch it leave. there are a bunch of others going through the same swaps on n/a's to convert them to TT's. ill just be one more added to the list.

8,181 Posts
Id take bodywork, alignment and paint ANY DAY over a power plant + drive train, harness etc etc swap. Plus at the end of the day, your 93 NA-TT conversion is gonna be worth considerably less than a restored genuine 94 TT.

Thats just my 2C.
werd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts