Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i ordered this clip form this guy in dallas, and he keeps delaying it over and over again, and now he says that the guy he imported it from is only sending the engine and ecu and stuff........ so im kinda pissed right now cause it was suppost to be here in november of last year but he kept delaying it, so should i just get my money back or how hard would it be to find parts for the install, stock intercooler, hydro fan assembly and so on and so on.......... im leaning towards geting my money back and getting a clip, and on to the next question, does anybody know of somebody thats selling a good condition clip, if so pm with price or phone #

thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Get your money back.
Call Jarco or 1Bad7M on the board here. Use reputable people for you motor, period! The IC isn't a big deal, they can be had on Ebay. But, there are 100 little items you will need that are on that clip.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Buying a front clip is the only way to go, there is so many litte things that you dont think of, you will end up spending more money getting everything seperatly. Plus you can sell everything you dont use and get alot of your money back.

I know of a shop in Tacoma Washington that I got my Turbo R front clip from, It was $2500 and complete with front sheet metal, bumper, tail lights, folding mirrors,spoiler all 4 struts/springs, Mines tunned ecu (score !!), and one Recaro seat. He has a few 1J clips now, and one of them is a tunned clip with an after market IC, BOV, Tunned ecu and a few other goodies.

Contact Doug at Fairlady Motors, his email is [email protected] ,tell him Randy from Canada sent you.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
becauseican said:
Buying a front clip is the only way to go, there is so many litte things that you dont think of, you will end up spending more money getting everything seperatly. Plus you can sell everything you dont use and get alot of your money back.

I know of a shop in Tacoma Washington that I got my Turbo R front clip from, It was $2500 and complete with front sheet metal, bumper, tail lights, folding mirrors,spoiler all 4 struts/springs, Mines tunned ecu (score !!), and one Recaro seat. He has a few 1J clips now, and one of them is a tunned clip with an after market IC, BOV, Tunned ecu and a few other goodies.

Contact Doug at Fairlady Motors, his email is [email protected] ,tell him Randy from Canada sent you.

DAYUM!!!! thats a hott deal!!! :eek2:

try www.venus-auto.com
got my clip from there, been runnin strong for almost a year now.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
if you was putting it in something other than a supra or sc300 than buying just motor and ecu would be good.if you were replacing another 1jz that would be ideal.even if you got everything sourced out,you will be looking for pics to see how everything is layed out in the engine bay.
keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts