Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon a 93.5 blatic blue thats modded and i also found a bone stock 97 thats around the same price range and id like some insight from the community.

1st up 93.5 blatic blue targa 85k miles
Stock motor
Bw s400
Twin pumps
Dli
Fpr
1000cc injectors
Twin disc clutch
Iforge 20inch chrome wheels
Af gauge, boost and egt
Hks dragger exhaust
5 inch core greddy intercoller
Tial 50mm bov
All electronics work
696whp on e85

Cons:

Black leather interior is getting faded and could use a recover
Dash by the window defroster vents, leather is slightly peeled back from the vent and you can see the underlying foam.

Price is 28k

2nd up 1997 jade green targa 68k miles

This car is bone stock with avery clean interior sitting on some 18'' lowenhart wheels and lowering springs. Recently repainted and seats redone.

Cons:

A con for an owner and although the car is stock ive seen him really beat on it
Asking 30k

So what do u guys think?

·
97 HARD TOP
1,044 Posts
i would take the baltic one, ive hardly ever seen on in that color, and worse come to worse you can always sell the parts and convert back to stock, where on the other hand if you have a stock platform to start working on youll end up paying more for new parts or if you go the used route then you take a chance on the part turning out to be junk from the previous owner. stock parts are cheaper these days then the after,arket portion, plus after some time in a stock supra, your gonna get the "i want more boost" urge lol. thats just my 0.02

·
Something's fuckey
313 Posts
ive always been told "the gut instinct". which ever one you wanted first, would probably be the one for me. seems like you know what you want, its the second guesses that get you thinking.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im leaning towards the 93 because its already well built and I've driven both cars. If I get the 97phone ill probably put 10-15k into the car anyway. I think the 93 is the choice.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
well first off, the 97 is a jewel green...not jade green. If the car were IJM, id be saying to jump on that. is that car a 6spd?

otherwise ive always love both the green and baltic mkiv's...so if you really know both cars fairly well you are going to be able to form a more definitive opinion than we can. that mileage for a 93 however is quite great.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I'm usually a fan of the more-stock cars and like green a lot. But in this case I'd say if you think you are going to want more power and mods out of your mkiv, go for the Baltic. Even if you decide to change a couple things, that is a lot of money in mods already done. And if a singled car is already sorted out and running well you are saving not just money but time and brain damage too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are there any major differences between the 93 and 97? i kno 97+ has very subtle changes. i do want modded car so i might as well save the extra cash and put into the interior. btw, the blue cars diff was replaced with a 161 rear end because it recently locked up the owner said.

·
Registered
904 Posts
That 93 BB looks pretty clean, except the wheels. 20 inch is too huge. But you can probably sell them to cover part of your new wheels. If you can work down the price a bit, then you should definitely go for that option. Leatherseats.com has good interior kits from what i've seen.

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
The 97+ while having nice light updates do lose on a few things to lower costs when they sold for less than the older Supra's. Some things are seats are one piece instead of two, the door arm rest uses synthetic leather instead of real which usually curls up from heat from the foam underneath. I believe they removed the rear speaker brackets and or lost some sound deadening not too sure on that one. Also swapped rear sway bars to those of the NA size, so in effect you lose oversteer and go towards neutral steering. Could be good or bad depending on your needs, they also softened suspension I believe and also sits slightly higher as well. A few other things, mainly stuff to lower down production costs where ever they could.

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
If your going to mod it with a single turbo eventually then buy the blue one, for a few reason acutally.
1. it is OBD1 which is much much easier to play with
2. it always has a single conversion and surporting mods, will save you lots of $$$ in the long run

If you plan on only going BPU and want to keep the mileage down then the green one, but if your like me and many of the other members you are going to go past BPU fairly quickly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.