Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pump Gas Sucks
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going single this winter, either sp63 or sp67. To manage this I'm thinking about buying this VPC instead of AEM:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146116&highlight=VPC

Looks like its the B chip for the MKIV 6 speed.

From a search, 720 injectors should work up to a sp67 and either stock cams or HKS upgraded cams.

So, the question is, do I have this right?

This VPC for sale will work well with my '97 6 speed, sp63 or sp67, 720 injectors or larger and stock or upgraded cams. Also, the VPC above has everything I need.

Thanks for the advice.
Brett

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Thats sorta pricey but yeah it will work if you have 720cc injectors. If not You can buy a chip to match your injectors from any HKS retailer. They go for around $50.

BTW, you would probably be on the edge of maxxing out those injectors on a 67.

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
Dangler whats up? I talked to you in Moorehead a month or so ago at the track. Anyway, I am in the same situation as you and up until a week or so ago I was VPC all the way but now I'm thinking about the new MAP ECU, if you haven't seen the thread you should really check it out.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=144032

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Damn, $775! Where were you when I was selling my VPC! lol
Anyway, I know of people that used 850cc injectors with a 720 chip in conjunction with an S-AFC. You should be fine up to 850cc. Just remember to wire in a resistor into the harness or the MAF connector.

·
Pump Gas Sucks
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VeilsideTT - thanks for the info - I thought I had read that 720 injectors are on the short side for a sp67

Shaun - yeah, I rember you - btw I ended up running 12.3 the next day - nice run for BPU and 18 PSI. I've been watching that MAP thread too. Just covering all my bases. Let me know what you decide!

medici78 - I should probably start off with the 850cc, no reason to run out of injector!

Thanks guys - yeah, maybe $775 is a bit high, I'll keep looking around!

Brett

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hell for $700 I'll give you a good deal on my VPC and then I'll sell you my AFC2 for next to nothing... not because I want the MAP ecu or anything... I swear. :D

Seriously though, that MAP ecu looks like a good deal. Seems like good bang for the buck. I wish it was out before I got my VPC/AFC combo a few months ago. I wonder if they will make that ECU work better with 850cc injectors or maybe even bigger. I'm also running a 67 and I want the car to run right when I decide to do my fuel system with 850cs injectors.

·
Pump Gas Sucks
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VeilsideTT said:
I wonder if they will make that ECU work better with 850cc injectors or maybe even bigger. I'm also running a 67 and I want the car to run right when I decide to do my fuel system with 850cs injectors.
Are you saying that the MAP ECU won't run w/ injectors larger than 720 or is it just your VPC chip that isn't matching up w/ larger injectors?

Just clarifying, thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I was under the impression that HKS didn't make chips that were designed for larger injectors than 720cc... I could be wrong. That doesn't mean that people don't run them with larger injectors. I was just saying that maybe PHR will soon be able to program the MAP ecu SPECIFICALLY for injectors larger than 720cc. In that case, it would seem that the MAP ecu would be better suited for larger injectors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts