Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
How much performance difference are you expecting? and where are u getting that?!!? :eek:

Rob~

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one in the pic is a Bullish one, I'm having a local fabricator make a copy. Hoping to get a few pony's out of it.... maybe 20-30? I dunno. Find out on the dyno I guess.

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
thats sweet. Ok i'm new so let me ask you a couple questions. you ran a 10 in the 1/4, do you still have stock internals. I my self when i ever do find my supra, want to turbo it and i'm wanting the cheapest way to go. I guess buying the exhaust manifold and the turbo and all its piping and so on. I'm just wanting to run in to the 13s (low) what do you all suggest. I you use your help (the guy that runs 10s). And are people that are still n/a swaping out there intake manifolds? where do locate the MAF at? Sorry guys i'm new to this i'm so used to domestics. Thanks for any help!

take care.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mazx6: Yup, completely stock engine except for a 3mm head gasket to lower compression, and ARP head studs. You don't really *need* to swap out the intake manifold, but it makes for a much cleaner install, and keeps the intercooler piping away from the heat from the turbo. I don't use a AFM anymore (use VPC instead), but if you keep the AFM and the stock intake manifold, you would keep the AFM in it's stock location, but just pipe it to the inlet of the turbo.

NJSupra... it's purdy. :D

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
WOW thats very very impersive. I want to run possibly in to the 12s if i can. I'm thinking it would be cheaper to peice together the kit? is that how you did it? Also what kinda fuel manegment are you using? I'm guessing i would have to upgrade the fuel pump from a TT. thanks for any info. I know i should be researching though the "search" but i just figured while were on the subject. thanks alot Dave!!

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
You're lucky you didn't blow all the welds on your intake with all that NOS! (Or was that me?)
Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should!:D
I mention this because of the Bullshit intake manifold having sloppy, exposed welds.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Axionf117: I paid $1k for the intake a few years back, it was from PHR personal car (used). New ones will be more expensive (what PHR told me anyway). You gotta mod the TT intercooler piping just slightly, since the throttle body isn't quite in the same position as the TT throttle body is.

Mazx6: I bought a PHR turbo kit, and then I've modded it/changed pieces so there are only a few original pieces left. I'm using a VPC and AFC for fuel control. I'm using dual walbro fuel pumps.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, it was one of the first ones they built. It was $2k for the header and downpipe. I think the price has gone up a little since then.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn! That thing is beautiful! Not cheap either I wouldn't imagine. I'm curious too if it would bolt onto the n/a head.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts