Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
JetFire
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well finally went single on the 1JZ, I have Drewgo Manifold, PT 61 w/.68 a/r, Tial 44mm WG, Custom DP, Custom 3" Catback....I still have to polish the intake mani, throttle body waterneck and cold side piping and steam clean the rest of the motor. The 1J Ecu is cutting boost at 15psi I will get that taken care of this week hopefully drop in 440's and do a mild tune via safcII. Car pulls very strong up until boost cut ha ha. Special thanks to the VIP Garage crew for taking care of me took a little longer than planned but it was worth the wait :D. Next mods will be install lsd and R154 then bigger injectors etc.......

The 1jz vs 2jz battle has gone far enough look what I caught on camera ha ha

Here's a video of same supra guy above doing a flyby. Camera is in my car.
800HP supra flyby 3XXHP SC

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
lookin good, lot of people rockin the pt61 now...did you go with the gtq or standard?

~scott

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I just put a dbb pt61 on my 1jz exept I went with the .58 turbine housing. What rpm do you see 15 psi at?, on mine its there at about 3700 rpm.

·
JetFire
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lookin good, lot of people rockin the pt61 now...did you go with the gtq or standard?

~scott
Standard

I just put a dbb pt61 on my 1jz exept I went with the .58 turbine housing. What rpm do you see 15 psi at?, on mine its there at about 3700 rpm.
Looks to be right around 3900-4000 yea you should have the earlier spool anyway.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Nice! what kind of wheels are those?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
very nice!

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
very nice.i got the same mani and turbo for my 2j.my mani slid right on with no modding,flange's are nice and flat.i'm very happy with it.how was the fittment of your's?

·
JetFire
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very nice.i got the same mani and turbo for my 2j.my mani slid right on with no modding,flange's are nice and flat.i'm very happy with it.how was the fittment of your's?
Yea fitment on the mani was good no issues

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
very nice car but ill never understand why people put their WBs where they cant see them very easily...kinda defeats the purpose IMO :dunno:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hell ya plex, finally my man! Looks great, Lets see some numbers once you get rid of that wonderful boost cut....

·
tunin' da beast
479 Posts
Sweet ride!
Are you running like 380's now? You're saying you're gonna drop in 440.
This would make me very nervous in combination with that turbo. Go for 550's straight away.

·
No Excuses..!
847 Posts
Sweet ride!
Are you running like 380's now? You're saying you're gonna drop in 440.
This would make me very nervous in combination with that turbo. Go for 550's straight away.
Cherplex,I agree with CTD..... you don't wanna end up like me.....just a thought, my 550's came in yesterday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I gotta thank Sherwin for allowing us the opportunity to be apart of the build. We ran into a few snags in the process but the end result was amazing. Can't wait till this weekend when we can really get rid of the little bugs and get her flying.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts