Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i chose not to have any ac or heat (heat because i live in florida), can i bypass the heater core on the car? the line comming off the back of the head, can i just cap it off, or does the coolant have to run through the heater core? I dont see the point of the extra lines if im not going to have any heat, but if it helps with the cooling system in some way, then i will leave it. Please let me know what you guys think. Either way, i will remove the heater valve on the firewall, just want to know if i should connect the line from the back of the head to the nipple on the firewall, or can i just cap the back of the head off.

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
All you have to do is loop the hose from the water pump to the back of the block and your done, and remove everything else from behind the dashboard (basicly youre bypassing the heater core). The ac you will have to remove compressor, the condensor and all the lines that are connected as well as your fans, but make sure you have someone release your freon properly.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
you can just loop the lines. :) i did that for a while when my heatercore was leaking.

-shaeff

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont quite understand, which lines do i loop-does anyone have a diagram?

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Loop the to heater to the from heater. That's it. If you're doing this you should bypass the throttle body line too, get more hoses out of the way, clean up the engine a bit.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
instead of looping them, you could do what i did:

pull the heater core lines off, get some 5/8" standard heaterhose from any automotive store, some good, strong, long needle nose pliers, and the stock springy hose clamps.

take the 5/8 hose, go from behind the head, (do this first, as it's the biggest PITA) clamp it, and loop it around to the outlet on the back/middle of the head. clamp it, and you're done.

-shaeff

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
Loop the to heater to the from heater. That's it. If you're doing this you should bypass the throttle body line too, get more hoses out of the way, clean up the engine a bit.

Amazing, since i store my car in winters and i have a targa, i will be bypassing the heater core and removing the ac. thnx for the pic, it help alot :bigthumb:

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
shaeff said:
instead of looping them, you could do what i did:

pull the heater core lines off, get some 5/8" standard heaterhose from any automotive store, some good, strong, long needle nose pliers, and the stock springy hose clamps.

take the 5/8 hose, go from behind the head, (do this first, as it's the biggest PITA) clamp it, and loop it around to the outlet on the back/middle of the head. clamp it, and you're done.

-shaeff
That's what I meant lol. I didn't mean connect the 2 old brittle hoses :p, that's just asking for 7m woes. Thanks for correcting me.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
haha, i kindof figured you meant that. i just didn't want some new person to come along and be like:

"well, that "aglobalthread" guy said i could do it, and i got a BHG and i'm taking him to court!"

so i figured i'd post what i did, in hopes that whomever decides to do that would take the stated route. :)

-shaeff

·
Registered
481 Posts
i removed all hoses - then used a banjo bolt on back of head (so coolannt goes straight to return line) then removed the unnecc. steel tube that runs along the block then behind the bloch and back up the other side which feed the tb etc.. all gone - so much neater bay as a result

·
Registered
67 Posts
The TB coolant hose is there to heat the TB resulting in faster, straighter moving air which makes more power.

So good job in removing power from your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts