Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been checking around town for C-16 race gas and the price I was quoted is $7.27/gallon which is $402.8 per 55 gallon drum. Does this seem about right? What are you guys paying? Thanks!

-Chad

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Over $8/gal here.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
Yep same price here. roughly 7 bucks a gallon.

Theres no reason to run C16 all the time as you most likely will not be running 2+bar on the streets, unless your on a death wish.

I daily use 112 octane which is approx. 3.75/gallon and i keep the boost no more than 2bar (28psi MAX)

of course for the track its only C16 for me, but its overkill for the streets.

just my .02

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I can get 95 Octane here at the pump. Is the 112 Octane a VP Fuel? You buy it by the drum also?

Thanks Mike..

-Chad

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
cpdaddy35 said:
Well I can get 95 Octane here at the pump. Is the 112 Octane a VP Fuel? You buy it by the drum also?

Thanks Mike..

-Chad
112 is sunoco. :) i buy it by the drum yes :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
You lucky gits. Regular pump fuel is like $7 a gallon over here! Anything over 105 octane would be 3 or 4 times as expensive again. I can see methanol injection being very popular in the european market ;)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
It's about 8.xx-10 per gallon here in California unless we go to a race event where VP will sell direct through 55 gallon drums at about 7 per gallon. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anyone purchase 55-Gallon drums? What pricing are you able to get on C-16 if you purchase in bulk? What other equipment is needed to take the fuel out of the drum and oblige local safety laws?

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
metal0ser said:
Does anyone purchase 55-Gallon drums? What pricing are you able to get on C-16 if you purchase in bulk? What other equipment is needed to take the fuel out of the drum and oblige local safety laws?
I buy mine by the drum. I have a 20 dollar drum pump and pump it into 7 gallon containers to feed my supra.

www.racegas.com :) sunoco's site with distributors.
VPFUELS.com is another site. :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Damn, it looks like I got bent over...Nearly $60 for a 5 gallon drum of C-16 here. Its the only place in town that I found sells it :(

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Adam W said:
You lucky gits. Regular pump fuel is like $7 a gallon over here! Anything over 105 octane would be 3 or 4 times as expensive again. I can see methanol injection being very popular in the european market ;)
Yep, sometimes I hate being European. :(

Going for the meth injection my self aswell when I go single ;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
A google for UK race fuel suppliers should turn up something, not sure exactly what is available though. I did some research a while back and the prices were just insane so I didn't get any further.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Pump gas is 93 octane here in india which is the highest octane available and costs $3.40 gal. The 100LL av gas im using is $6 gal. I increase my octane by blending toluene 20% mix. Meth injection is the way to go for us!!!:)

·
Registered
970 Posts
TwinGT2835'S said:
$65.00 is what i pay for 5 gallons!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I was getting the shaft:D ....you gotta do what you gotta do though. Im sure if it was $100 for 5 gallons someone would still purchase it...damn gas nazi's!

·
resident smart ass
486 Posts
Hey MKlife

where exactly do you live.. do they just deliver it to your door or what... you just use a hand pump or somthing??

YOu can get 100oct here at the pump within 2 min of my place.. is there anything better at a pump in the chicagoland area..

I know its been asked but that will be a bitch to search for..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts