Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the difference that big between C12 and C16 race gas? Anyone know how big the cost difference is between the two? I am leaning to towards C12 because I am looking to only get about 650whp out of my Supra.

· Registered
18 Posts
race gas

I dont have as much experience as the other guys on here but, im currently making several dyno experimental runs for 93 pump, 5gal of C116 + 10gal 93 = 100 and then straight up 116. Im still in the tuning phase for another two weeks.

If you enjoy race gas as much as me, street performance your not going to feel any difference at all between C112 and C116, (no one likes to talk cost on here) Ive only bought the C116 and im paying 12.5/gal. versus 93 @ 2.5/gal. It took me all of about 1 minute to decide im not running down the highway on 116 or 100 for that matter.

Say you only put 116 in your car when its on the track, your investment per HP incease is the least initial cost and highest operating cost of all BPUs and APUs out there. Whatever your HP goals are, get there with boost, then add the sauce for the kicker.

I hope to post dyno graphs in two weeks comparing performance differences in octanes AND watter wetter.

· Registered
13,982 Posts
what size turbo and what is your setup, ecu, cams, headwork, timing tune, etc.? This will mostly determine how much boost you need to hit 650whp and from that you can decide if you can do it on C12 or C16.

As far as octane, C12 = 108 motor octane and C16 = 117 motor octane.

I would say a very general rule-of-middlefinger:
- up to 25psi on C12
- even somewhat over 30psi on C16
- be conservative with the boost unless you have tuned on the specific fuel at that boost.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a T72 with a AEM stand alone and dual fuel pumps with 950cc injectors. I do not have any head or CAM work done.

· Boost Junkie
15,154 Posts
I have a T72 with a AEM stand alone and dual fuel pumps with 950cc injectors. I do not have any head or CAM work done.
IF your just shooting for 650whp then the C12 should work for you because you'll only need to run 20-22psi with a 71 to make that power.

Steve

· Boost Junkie
15,154 Posts
not to steal your thread but whats the difference in c16 and q16?
Q16 is oxygenated fuel and will require more fuel than C16. Since it is oxygenated you'll make slightly more power. I've also heard that Q16 is more forgiving when it comes to tuning.

Steve

· Banned
2,113 Posts
Why not upgrade your system to E85. Here in Vegas everyone is doing it $1.99 a gallon and able to run 25lbs of boost on it with no prob.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many gallons of gas does a Supra hold?

· Registered
1,322 Posts
Is the difference that big between C12 and C16 race gas? Anyone know how big the cost difference is between the two? I am leaning to towards C12 because I am looking to only get about 650whp out of my Supra.
~600 on pump gas. you can prolly get 650 on standard sunoco pump 100 octane if you guys have it down there. talk to your tuner, on my setup, I would feed comfortable ~650 with just 3-4 gallons of 100 in on top of 93 Octane.

GL.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
~600 on pump gas. you can prolly get 650 on standard sunoco pump 100 octane if you guys have it down there. talk to your tuner, on my setup, I would feed comfortable ~650 with just 3-4 gallons of 100 in on top of 93 Octane.

GL.

I dont know man I think that might be pushing it. I am looking to see what the price of C12 is going for down here in FT.Lauderdale.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How much are you all paying for C12?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.