Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the tittle says...C16 (race fuel) or Meth would be better for high HP levels like
700whp - 800whp. What are the pros and cons?
The Alcohol kit that is found on PHR site ,is it for meth use? or can be
used for this purpose (meth) also?

· Wheel Fitment Guru
4,890 Posts
Like the tittle says...C16 (race fuel) or Meth would be better for high HP levels like
700whp - 800whp. What are the pros and cons?
The Alcohol kit that is found on PHR site ,is it for meth use? or can be
used for this purpose (meth) also?
On C16 you will make more power but more expensive but also the safest method.

Pump and meth is a great alternative and is cheaper but the results won't be the same as using straight race gas.

The alcohol kit can and is used for meth. Meth is a type of Alcohol so you are okay.

R.K.

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
the question should be E85 or Meth..

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
I assume you mean Meth injection and not meth as the fuel?

C16 would be more reliable, as you dont have to worry about uneven distribution, clogged nozzel, dead pump, running out of fluid or anything.

Meth injection is cheaper in the long run. (A couple tanks of C16 would pay for the Meth injection kit, then fuel is cheaper in as 5 gallons lasts a whole tank of gas or more.)

· Registered
3,786 Posts
I run 3 nozzles and 2 pumps in my meth system. I go through a 5 gallon pail of methanol every 6 months. My car is driven daily and frequents the track often
(every chance I get). I also run 100% meth and no water.

If the car is driven only on weekends or during racing, I would definately go with race gas solely. If its a street car, meth injection is a great way to run more boost safely. You just have to check the system every cupple weeks to make sure its working correctly ( it takes about 10mins to check). You will also want to keep a very close eye on your wideband gauge during pulls just in case you have a pump failure ( very unlikely). Just my $.02

Lawrence

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
c16 is to expensive, even on a weekend car, you can easily burn though a tank in a day, and unless your carring a 5gallon container dont expect to go far. E85 is a great alternative but requires large injectors and pump to drive it to achive the same HP. Methanol injection is usually avaliable at hotrod shops, can be switched on only when need (i have mine set at 18psi turn on), and when mix with 50meth/50water will last quite a while. i usually buy my methanol 3gallons at a time, and mix it 50/50 with distilled water, last me anywhere from 3-6months depending on how much i drive, and how i drive.

so...
Racing drag/track only... C16
upgraded fuel and E85 around your area...E85
normal crusing with the ocational redline...Methanol/water injection

· Registered
44 Posts
E85 is becoming way to over used in AZ, Id go C16 myself.

· Registered
1,669 Posts
i would say c16 is safer but obviously more expensive. i rather pay the extra money for gas then have the meth pump fail and blow up my engine

· Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I don't think E85 is a better choice. Many of us can't get it without going to extreme lengths. Not to mention the PITA of gaining 30% more fuel, unless the fuel system hasn't been put together yet.

Meth is a great setup for those who want that crazy pump/street/all-the-time setup. C16 is great for those who want to go to the strip for the weekend, or just have some extra fun at a cruise or just in general. The only problem I have with meth, is the chance of running out and not knowing it and the fact that it's just one more thing to go wrong. It is pretty sick though!

Reid

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
The kit is for myself and my friend posted on my behalf. Basically I've bought the good meth injection kit for the AEM (It is the new one the latest they 've made, i think is the E85? for the AEM) I cant remember because my mechanic got it for me, it has all the low warning lights etc. Over here in Greece we have 98 octane fuel and the idea is to kick the ass racing some powerful 700bhp cars. I have a GT74 PHR stage 4+ turbokit with build top and bottom end and I'm looking for 900bhp+, is this achievable by running methanol and 2.2-2.3 bar? like 32psi or something? How good is methanol because it supposed to cool down the intake temperatures dramatically? so you get some good benefits when you comparing it with race fuel?

Thanks for you help guys:)

· Registered
250 Posts
Meth is a lot cheaper.
Downside is uneven distribution throughout cylinders so some may run lean. With C16 all the fuel is the same octane

Best daily driver use for meth is to allow you to up the boost a little. Run around 20-22psi for a couple hard pulls. Run conservatively. Lotta fun for a $300 meth kid and a couple bucks worth of meth. But not worth blowing your engine to get 32psi on pump gas.

I have a meth kit on my S14. It doesn't add much more power cuz of the small turbo but I use it during track events because it cools the intake charge... going 140+ on the back straight at VIR in the summer can really tax your cooling system.
And you can turn it on or off when you want.
With C16 you gotta empty the old gas, put in the C16, then you pretty much gotta use it all. You can't just run a lap or two on C16 (or stoplight drag race).

· Registered
119 Posts

· Mustache Militia
397 Posts
I mean, its your car. There have been many facts in this thread stating the negatives about meth. The one negative you have with c16 is the price. You own a supra man...you shouldnt be worried about buying c16. If your THAT concerned about how much c16 is well then...sell the Supra buy 13 or 14 civics and do some testing with your meth...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.