Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea how much HP can I gain using C16 (117 octane) comparing to ELF Turbo Boost (100 octane)?

On ELF TURBO BOOST (100 octane MON) and 2,1 Bar of boost I have made 949 HP. Unfortunatelly I need more power on 3rd and 4th gear during 1/4 mile race. I do not want to use Nitrous Oxide so I am thinking about higher boost and better race fuel.

Any ideas...

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
It would totally depend on how much more timing and boost you were able to run (before knock or part limitation issues). People can't just pull a number out of their ass :).

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
I think your fuel injectors are probably at their max duty cycle now. I would look at upgrading those first before I worried about making more power.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
C16 at the same boost level would not make any more power, but in fact cause you to make less, if for nothing else than the way it burns compared to a lower octane rated fuel. Pump gas has more potential energy than C16. In fact the only way that C16 will help you any is if you are detonating badly, but at 949HP, I'm sure you'd know it.

Solution is to crank the boost with C16, but if as you say, you're using it for a 1/4 mile race, you may end up trading speed for power. There's other ways to get down the strip faster.

Eric

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My injectors are at 70% at 2,1 Bar of boost. I know that I have to make more boost to make more power :) It's simple. I was thinking that somebody has compared different HP level depending on fuel. I know that max power on pump gas for my car is 600HP and on 100 octane MON is 949 HP, so for 117 MON fuel I should make around 1050HP I think.

cowboy bebob, why are you saying that I can end up trading speed for power? Please explain...

·
Registered
560 Posts
It all depends on how aggressive your timing/fuel maps are currently with the 100octane. I have noticed that in Japan/Europe people run 2bar+ on pump gas etc, which only means that their timing isnt aggressive enough. thats why they are not blowing motors.

You will be able to go more aggressive with the C16 or any other fuel in that region, which is were you will gain power. You will also defently be able to raise the boost even more 2.5bar+

After much reading on the forum, the general concensus is that 100mon and good timing is good for 1.6-1.8bar safely. More than that and more octane is needed.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now at 2,1 Bar of boost my ignition is 15,7

Regards

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
WOW 70% injector duty cycle? I would have thought much more than that. Your sign sayes 980cc injectors. If thats true then I dont see how at 900rwhp they are at 70%.

Oh i see you are claiming 949hp to the crank? So your saying your car has made 800rwhp? Well then you need a bigger turbo. T-88 is a 71mm right? you need a 73mm 74mm turbo and could pass 1000hp(Crank) mark easy with one of those.

Or like most have said turn up the boost to 2.5 +. It seems your motor is built. Just use C-16 for that.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
injector duty is one think another is fuel pressure which in my case is set to 4,5 Bar at no boost. At 2,0 Bar of boost my fuel pressure is 6,5 Bar

Anyway, thanx for help :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
whoa I think your base fuel pressure is way to high?? 4.5bar is about 65.25psi. Most people set their base fuel pressure somewhere between 40-45psi static pressure(at idle).
so that means your when your under boost your Fuel pressure is 94.25psi.

My base fuel pressure is 3 bar (43psi) static and of course under 2 bar boost it is 5 bar (72.5psi). I think yours is too high but others may need to chime in on it.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Injectors start to act funny when you get too crazy with the fuel pressure and fuel delivery actually starts to get fucked up but what the hell do I know :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts