Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice shots bro. So sexy. Mm mm mmm. Just need them wider wheels now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Boost Junkie
12,428 Posts
She's way too low. Looks good though! Congrats on the Supra.

Steve

·
JetFire
5,308 Posts
Looking good. I'm in the DC area also hopefully we catch up at a local meet/event. Getting close to tuck away for winter time though.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Car looks great being low but thats way too low. You're going to mess shit up being that low. Ask me how I know. Just looking out so you keep that beauty clean and tiptop.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A few more shots from after the KW V3 Coilover Suspension Install from my friend Shaun @stillnahrich

·
JZA80
3,114 Posts
Looking good

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Steve
Thanks! Yeah I just put the KW V3s on with out of box settings, will be raising her up to fit the HREs perfectly when they come in!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Took some shots around the house, one thing has become clear...I am not nearly skilled enough to take care of the original black paint...its obviously been polished before but I've managed to add some swirls to the paint in my ham fisted care...I'm seriously considering having it professionally polished then doing a full body PPF like XPEL so I can protect the paint and also ease cleaning/care.

·
500hp+
475 Posts
It just needs a paint correction and ceramic coat. PM me and I will give you info on who did mine. After the ceramic coat you don’t need to wax and the water just beads off. Here are some photos of the paint after the correction.

B887B1AE-81CE-4FB2-8861-59D46EF43BAA.jpeg
A64A7AC9-C7A2-4AB9-8360-DBA35C13F699.jpeg
03D4934A-C72D-457C-8CDE-72CB5217CDFC.jpeg

Filter to black and white
D0631749-C845-45FA-8896-26A07CC26FE2.jpeg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just got the Supra back from Freed Engineering. The car had several 'ninja issues', the turn signal system stopped working, the car was blowing smoke on cold start and the turbos seemed really noisy at lower RPMs. Plus I wanted a professional leak down and compression check done so I decided to take her in!

Well...I had three different leaks in the coolant system, a bad water pump seal, a completely compromised hose to the stock surge valve, a missing vacuum hose to one of the waste gates and a bunch of bad connections in my fuse box. On top of that I had them address the old corroded battery terminals, upgrade the radiator hose to a Titan Motorsports elbow and extract the stripped screws on the rear lower hatch stops so I could throw in the new ones I had ordered.

WOW! All these issues were present when I bought the car so I just assumed that's how the car ran! The motor runs like a top now, the car doesn't feel like a dog in lower RPMs and has a much smoother transition to boost, the stock auto seemed to be much more lively and appropriate with gear selection based on throttle position, no more smoke, turn signals work and best of all...about an 80% reduction in interior squeaking/rattling noises :sadance:

Needless to say I'm very pleased!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
When I was finished with the KW V3 Suspension install I was looking for satisfying before and after pictures but the condition of the fender liners ruined the ‘newness’ feeling for the wheel wells because they were covered in rubber and grime so I decided to replace them! Very simple install, the hardest part is finagling the upper liner back into place and lipping it into the fender. I also took the opportunity to adjust the KW V3s up about 1.5 inches because she was doing a good bit of rubbing at the original level.

Now my wheel wells are so fresh the factory stickers are still on them!

Now its time for some Brembo Brakes and the wheel wells will be on-point!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Rear Wiper Delete

Spent a little time this weekend performing a rear wiper delete. The rear wiper has been temperamental ever since I bought the car, getting stuck mid swipe or not working at all. So I decided to go ahead and remove it all together! I picked up a generic delete kit from a company called ZSpec for about $25, pretty sure you can get them for cheaper through eBay or Amazon but they had a fitment guide that listed the Supra so I decided to pay a little extra for that reassurance.

The process is pretty simple, the cover at the base of the wiper pops off, 10mm nut holding the wiper to the spline, remove the wiper, then there is a large hex nut that an adjustable wrench can easily remove, take it off then prop the hatch open. The trim piece on the rear hatch simply pops off, I carefully pried it off to ensure I didn’t break any of those precious tabs. Once the trim is removed its just three 10mm nuts holding the wiper assembly in place. It takes some finagling but it comes out, it’s stuck in place by some silicone sealant. There is a spacer piece that needs to be popped off as well from the topside that is also just held in place by sealant. Once it’s all off, the delete plug goes in very intuitively and pop the trim piece back in place. Very easy mod and looks great once complete, plus you save about 2 pounds out of your rear hatch, I’ve noticed my hatch struts actually keep the hatch open now with out needing to be propped up, bonus!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Raised up the front end in anticipation for the HREs coming in next week!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The wait is finally over! My custom HREs have finally arrived! Fedex Delivered them on Tuesday, I got the notification, left work immediately, threw them in the wife’s SUV along with my Michelin PS4Ss and drove straight to the tire shop for mounting. I was able to get them home just in time to test mount and take some quick shots. I will have to adjust the KWs up a little since the fronts are barely contacting the fender liner screw but overall fitment is perfect!

As an added bonus, HRE sent me shots of my wheels as they were going through production, be on the look out for a separate thread for that photo journal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Check out my write-up on XPEL Tint here

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
New wheels look really good! :bigthumb:

When i saw the first pic, I thought "white? Hmmm.." but i was wrong - very nice. I love the classic design - similar to the Fikse fm5.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Steve
Took care of that with the new wheels...they are flush fitment so no tucking!

Looking good. I'm in the DC area also hopefully we catch up at a local meet/event. Getting close to tuck away for winter time though.
yeah weather has been terrible, cant wait for the spring though, you'll have to PM me whenever there is a meet and I'll try to make it out!

·
500hp+
475 Posts
Looks good, just personal opinion the front is still too low though.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts