Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
Just a few quick questions.

1) Z06 with that kind of spray (probably capable of low elevens or high tens) NHRA doesnt require fire supression? Apparantly not a cage either?

2) It took 40 seconds for the dudes standing 10ft away to run over with a fire extingusher? The guy running staging didnt have one there ready and waiting? Every time I been to the track they had at least one big ass one right there at the line in between lanes.

3) Why didnt the cars owner have a fire extinguisher in the car at the LEAST?

I guess if you run without safety equipment you pay the price...

0wn3d by a $300 part
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?Ntt=Fire+Supression&N=4294858102&part=SAF-LT5AAB&autoview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
I didnt look at the vid but i am guessing this is the same yellow zo6 that had the nitrous blow the motor and melt the engine bay at great lakes dragaway last saturday. what a shame a very nice car but the driver was just lucky to not get hurt. did you actually see the guy looking around for a extingusher? i know i wouldnt wanna run up tp a burning car that has nitrous on it.

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
Pretty sure insurance wont cover a fire because of your modifying the car while using it at the track. If it does, PM me and let know what insurance company that is ;) I know a guy who went through that whole fiasco while road racing the car burnt up. I think because it was technically a "school" the insurance had to cover it but they gave him shit and took FOREVER to take care of it while they "investigated".

·
awz.
452 Posts
Update to this: none of the safety systems had been bypassed as the rumor was going around. He told his insurance company the truth about it, and is waiting to hear back from them.

Makes me slightly nervous, since I have an identical nitrous kit to his, waiting to go on my car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts