Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had some great weather today so I decided to play a little with a C6 Z06. I am just amazed by the C6 Z06 and how well it performed for being stock. I recently put down 536rwhp on pump gas, where the Z06's typically dyno 460rwhp. I of course weighed more and had a 200lb+ passenger.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPM7DHW04Uk

Supra specs: T67 Single turbo / 18psi boost / pump gas / AEM / BL 4" Exhaust / TRD LSD

Z06 specs: Stock!

Run #1: Brake boost in 3rd gear, Z06 in 3rd as well. I get the jump. Z06 started at 2000rpm so this race was "unfair"
Run #2: 2nd gear for both... slight wheel spin in 2nd.

·
Old School
4,070 Posts
Nice. I honestly thought a C6 Z06 would put up a better fight than that given the long gears, instant torque and light weight.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was quite surprised by the results myself -- but I obviously had the horsepower advantage. There's still less than 1000 miles on the Z so I'm sure it'll get faster over time. Plus a tune will wake that Z right up!

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
That is very true. A tune will make the Z a bit better. However, it seems like the Z06 will have to do more than a tune to keep up, let alone pass you. It is a very strong car. I haven't seen a new Z06 go down so easily like that one did.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Awesome kill! I have raced 2 different C6 Z06's while both on pump and my results were just like yours. Those C6 Z06's are definitely beasts and I believe right now the best bang for the buck. Again great kill!

Had some great weather today so I decided to play a little with a C6 Z06. I am just amazed by the C6 Z06 and how well it performed for being stock. I recently put down 536rwhp on pump gas, where the Z06's typically dyno 460rwhp. I of course weighed more and had a 200lb+ passenger.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPM7DHW04Uk

Supra specs: T67 Single turbo / 18psi boost / pump gas / AEM / BL 4" Exhaust / TRD LSD

Z06 specs: Stock!

Run #1: Brake boost in 3rd gear, Z06 in 3rd as well. I get the jump.
Run #2: 2nd gear for both... slight wheel spin in 2nd.

·
On call 24/7
1,566 Posts
damn..=) That Z06 is crazy for stock form. Impressive.

·
Registered
446 Posts
yup the supra's fast but remember the zo6 is stock.. for now

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yup the supra's fast but remember the zo6 is stock.. for now
Yup, with a cam, headers, intake and tune those things can put out 550rwhp. But also remember I am going to be running methanol injection and 6psi more boost so even with the "Killer bee" mods or "street attack" mods the race results would most likely be similar.

Also, just wanted to point out the z06 started at 2000rpm in 3rd gear on the first race. So that is why I got the jump so easily.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A friend that owns a performance shop recently upgraded a stock Z06....
on a dynojet bone stock i believe it put down exactly 442whp
he only put headers and an x-pipe and after tuning it put down 473whp...
so the potential is def. there, not to mention they're stunning to look at
just my .02

·
Registered
980 Posts
I think they're ugly (ok from the front I guess) and I saw 2 on the way to work today.

How much can the stock bottom end handle? Does anyone know?

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they're ugly (ok from the front I guess) and I saw 2 on the way to work today.

How much can the stock bottom end handle? Does anyone know?
Nothing like a Supra. I don't think anyone has really tested the limits of the bottom end but most people are building motors at anything past 600rwhp. I wouldn't want to risk blowing a $15,000 motor either!

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
Supra FTW :)
Very nice, you have P.M

// André

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
awesome kill.. i thought Z06 would put up a better fight.. Those are some good numbers you are making with that 67 with stock cams and only on 18psi!

·
Vigilante Toyo Tech
462 Posts
Wait a minute.... Kill stories dont count when they are against family!

Thats not nice, he's your dad!

-Brad

;)

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How did you signal the beginning of the race? I didn't hear any horns blowing or anything, I just see you mashing the gas and going...
3 beeps and some serious brake boosting on the first race, although as I mentioned the Z06 was in the wrong gear for the first race. You couldn't hear the beeps in the video though. The 2nd race, I just blipped the throttle a little bit to signify I was going and proceeded to mash the gas. Started at like 5800rpm in 2nd so throttle response was instant.

awesome kill.. i thought Z06 would put up a better fight.. Those are some good numbers you are making with that 67 with stock cams and only on 18psi!
Yeah, I left out the fact that I have 264 cams.. but still, pretty close to stock! Here's a graph of my latest dyno on street tuning. I just noticed the graph was only STD, SAE was 521rwhp. The only difference between the dyno and the race was a tad bit extra timing and a leaner A/F.

Wait a minute.... Kill stories dont count when they are against family!

Thats not nice, he's your dad!

-Brad

;)
Haha. it's all in good fun though :) But I think he wants to sell the vette and get a Supra now??? j/k you can't beat that car when it comes to being stock.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
NICE pull.

It's a little tiresome at times when people always want to race as if everything was frozen in time. As in "yeah but if your Supra was stock at 320 HP, the Z06 woulda KILLED you!!" So what, that Supra isn't 320 HP, and will never be again, and he brought a reliable, heavy I-6 Toyota that walked the hell out of a modern day exotic killer, so meh. :wavey:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts