Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Blitz Supra
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Click Here To See The New C6 Z06 Targa Top

HAHAHA, Chevrolet sticks to its usual build quality. Now we know why they are losing billions of dollars a year! Also why the Z06 is half the price of a Porsche!

The new Z06 has a very innovative feature, it will shed weight as it goes faster!

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
lol. That is so retarded they skimped on that and didn;t make the car a true hardop just to cut costs. Hopefully this doesnt become a problem with every non-targa c6. Yikes!!

ALex

·
5,059 Posts
I knew this was an issue with the regular C6. The metal was held on by adhesive to the targa top and would sometimes peal off. But on the Z06 that is just fucken absurd. When I took a close look of the car at E-Town last fall I was wondering why the roof on the Z06 maintained the rubber weather molding of the targa even though structurally it was a hardtop.. I guess so they wouldn’t have to build a whole new shell to save money. That would be like the hardtop supra having the rubber weather molding on the roof… :wtcslap:

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
user123 said:
blahh blahh blahh. toyota just recalled like 500,000 cars for catching fire...
but this thread is about the roof of a vette falling off... :rolleyes:

On topic, I can't believe that happened....I would hate to have been the car behind him on the highway.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
You get a car that performs like nothing else for the money... but you run the risk of some extremely random stuff going down while you drive. This is why I always stay that extra few steps back when considering an American car.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Besides costs or whatever..why did they build the roof and having weather seals if that roof doesnt come off? If it was a true hard top what would it look like under neath there?

·
Registered
855 Posts
That will help resale value! :)

Jerry

·
Homer Simpson
1,537 Posts
Boostrush said:
but this thread is about the roof of a vette falling off... :rolleyes:
No but it goes to show other people that think GM is all about a shitty product, that every car manufacture that mass produces something is prone to have some sort of deffects...

Thats all I was getting at.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thats sucks for the owner of the car, but even more for the car behind him.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Still the quality vs. performance vs. cost tradeoff of that Z06 is better than getting another lesser performing lower defect rate ride at the same price and then spoiling the reliability by dipping into the aftermarket to match the C6 Z06 performance.

Aftermarket performance industry in general (mainly due to lack of funds) cannot design and service a product with the same rigorous quality control as OEMs. Plus lots of aftermarket easy performance add-ons do so by trimming built-in safety factors in the design.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
I'll let you know if they fly off after making 1300ftlbs when my car is finished.

·
Blitz Supra
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
STAGED said:
Still the quality vs. performance vs. cost tradeoff of that Z06 is better than getting another lesser performing lower defect rate ride at the same price and then spoiling the reliability by dipping into the aftermarket to match the C6 Z06 performance.

Aftermarket performance industry in general (mainly due to lack of funds) cannot design and service a product with the same rigorous quality control as OEMs. Plus lots of aftermarket easy performance add-ons do so by trimming built-in safety factors in the design.
I rather have a slower car and forget the fast defective cars. Or I rather save up money and buy a real sports car that stays together, say a Porsche or any Japanese sports car.

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
I love the new Vettes.....but Jeezus, how do you build a car with panels that pop off after a few thousand miles??? Let alone an expensive flagship model....that's just cheezy.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
and to think that guy paid about 75 thousand dollars for that car. :lol:

and this is the attitude that has lead GM and its customers where they are today. My roof just blew off my new 75K dollar corvette, but hey, I saved 20K by buying this vette instead of that 911 turbo. :lol: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts