Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some # to compare to with EGT probe mounted on top of the DP, boost around 18-20psi, runing 91octan with no addictives, and prefer highway runs because the engine gets much hotter than normal street driving.


mine reaches 700-740C making hard pull from 3rd all the way to end of 4th. thats why I never go into 5th gear.

my friends reaches about 700-720C.

what about other CA supras?
I noticed alot of supra think their EGT is fine cuz they never pull into 4th and 5th gear. maybe its time for you CA supras to really drive the car hard and see if your EGT and A/F is really alrite.

Jonas
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
4,970 Posts
Zerosoul said:
I need some # to compare to with EGT probe mounted on top of the DP, boost around 18-20psi, runing 91octan with no addictives, and prefer highway runs because the engine gets much hotter than normal street driving.


mine reaches 700-740C making hard pull from 3rd all the way to end of 4th. thats why I never go into 5th gear.

my friends reaches about 700-720C.

what about other CA supras?
I noticed alot of supra think their EGT is fine cuz they never pull into 4th and 5th gear. maybe its time for you CA supras to really drive the car hard and see if your EGT and A/F is really alrite.

Jonas
Crappy 91 OCtane gives me 1800 deg. F (in #2 runner) then I shut down. The high EGT's are probably caused by timing retard. My ECU is reprogrammed including much more aggressive timing maps so with the crappy gas, it throws in major retard to protect things.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine hit 700 c after several hard pulls all the way to 180mph.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes.. its not lilke i have a choice.. no money for 4.5 per gallon
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a get about 750C right to the end of 4th gear as well. 97 octane but 430cc injectors. I don't ever dare hammer it in 5th, let alone 6th until i get my injectors upgraded.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ianong said:
a get about 750C right to the end of 4th gear as well. 97 octane but 430cc injectors. I don't ever dare hammer it in 5th, let alone 6th until i get my injectors upgraded.
why are you using 430CC injectors in a supra turbo? I assume you're talking about supra?

plus, is your car in USA?>
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zerosoul said:

why are you using 430CC injectors in a supra turbo? I assume you're talking about supra?

plus, is your car in USA?>
Jap spec cars have 430cc injectors and lesser rated fuel pumps than the US/UK/Euro spec cars.
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zerosoul said:

why are you using 430CC injectors in a supra turbo? I assume you're talking about supra?

plus, is your car in USA?>
I'm from the far east. here, almost all are jap spec with lesser performance:(
However, we don't have EGR and the restrictive MAF sensor :)
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my ignorance on Jap-spec supra.
anyway your EGT seems to hot also, have you have your A?F checked out?
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zerosoul said:
my ignorance on Jap-spec supra.
anyway your EGT seems to hot also, have you have your A?F checked out?
will be tuning it on a wideband once i drop the injectors in. At the moment, i'm not trashing it.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top