Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drive a white '94 supra, and i was wondering what color i should paint the calipers. I was going to repaint the word supra on it and i was thinking about white and black. however, i want something that stands out a bit more... any suggestions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the interior is black. does anyone know where i can find cheap paint? because i don't want to pay $50 per color for caliper paint. thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Standard paint won't work. Brakes get VERY hot when abused, if you simply paint them with cheap paint it will come off just that much quicker.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Below is what I wrote on painting my calipers in another forum. My dad used some cheap hi temp paint and the difference between my paint and his is night and day. I had pics on photopoint of the final result, but photopoint has been down for weeks and I can't seem to find them anywhere on my system.

"I finally broke down and painted my brake calipers because they were getting so crappy looking. I used black G2 brake caliper paint. Despite what has been said by others, this brake caliper paint is light years better than some high temp spray on paint. It is a 2 part paint that you brush on (guess that means it is an epoxy paint?). It is really easy to apply, having just the right thickness to brush on without dripping and yet it fills itself in for a thich smooth final finish. In about 30 minutes it will have set quite a bit. The biggest part of the job is prepping the calipers; I took about 3.5 hours to go over each caliper with a drill and various abrasive rotary brushes. I really like how they turned out. And, I put supra decals back on that I got from hardpipes.com. The finished product looks a lot better than these pics can convey. The G2 paint shines like a mirror."

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Ok, finally found some pics of black calipers with silver supra lettering.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
2nd one.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
3rd one.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
4th and last one.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Vicksupra, my recollection is that the stock calipers are the same color front and back, but I could be wrong.

Bob, hardpipes may be down for good now or else changed addresses. The guy who created these decals regularly posted over on the MKIV mailing list. I would try posting a question on that list asking where you can get the decals now. Somebody over there should be able to help out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another, more durable option is getting them powdercoated. Of course you're going to have some skill to highlight/paint the "Supra" on the side after they're powdercoated.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts