Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a question for all you guys who have the greddy t78 turbo kit !

what if anything dont you like about this kit?

when does she really come on (power)?

draw backs of the kit ?

what if anything did you need to add to complet the kit in your car ?

are you using stock fuel ,vpc or maf and what FMIC?

how do you like it ???!

·
boost is good
772 Posts
only thing that some people dont like is it doesnt have lots of interchangable turbos like the sp and rps kits. but other then that everything else about the kit is great. perfect fitment, and everything is included but a full length DP and a BOV. you can buy an hks DP and it bolts up perfect.

i am using the kit on stock fuel, with a greddy 3row intercooler, vpc and afc. it has much more power then BPU. pulls much harder, especially at higher rpms.

ablosutely no regrets for buying the kit, i love it.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
gritsak said:
only thing that some people dont like is it doesnt have lots of interchangable turbos like the sp and rps kits. but other then that everything else about the kit is great. perfect fitment, and everything is included but a full length DP and a BOV. you can buy an hks DP and it bolts up perfect.

i am using the kit on stock fuel, with a greddy 3row intercooler, vpc and afc. it has much more power then BPU. pulls much harder, especially at higher rpms.

ablosutely no regrets for buying the kit, i love it.
:fawk:

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
I second that!!!:D

The T78 kit pulls MUCH harder then BPU!!!

It is the most bang for the buck turbo upgrade on the market.

No regrets at all.
:bthumb:

Bob

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
What in the world made you buy a T-78 without upgrading your fuel systeM? Your only pushing what 560 HP if your lucky? Why not just get a smaller turbo is you aren't upgrading the fuel system. You aren't even utilizing much of the potential of that turbo.

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
let see ?
1. some people are on a budget
2. some people dont want more than 550rwhp
3.its a great bang for the buck kit
4. not every one is as rich as you and can aford to do every thing at once !
5.help up all find a kit for under 4000.00 that comes with a smaller turbo that will allow you to in the future with just adding fuel allow you to go over 590rwhp !

again not every one wants 550 , 600 or 700 rwhp !personaly im looking for no more than 525 right now and mabe more later on!;)that what is drawing me to this kit!

does this help answer your question!
breakemlose said:
What in the world made you buy a T-78 without upgrading your fuel systeM? Your only pushing what 560 HP if your lucky? Why not just get a smaller turbo is you aren't upgrading the fuel system. You aren't even utilizing much of the potential of that turbo.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
No more T 78

I wanted more power and gave up the T 78, due that is barely laggy i was ready for more, so I upgraded to a T 88 ;) ;)

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: No more T 78

Jesus
any pic of the set up?
Jesus said:
I wanted more power and gave up the T 78, due that is barely laggy i was ready for more, so I upgraded to a T 88 ;) ;)

·
0 Posts
breakemlose said:
i guessing your another supra guy that can't drive for shit, and can just drive in a stright line (1/4). What tire is going to hold a studden shock of 560hp? What's good about having allot of hp, when you can't keep it on the ground.

2 RIP

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
No more T 78

Not yet, everything looks exactly the same, just that the turbo is not polished, but will be soon....that's all....:)
RanGer498 said:
Jesus
any pic of the set up?

·
boost is good
772 Posts
breakemlose said:
damn, thats some ground breaking news you got there dude. most people just use stock fuel on larger turbos until they have the money for a fuel system(like i am)

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
breakemlose said:
Why not? Most people if not all that are running the bigger turbos are going to put a fuel system on the car sooner or later. If someone bought a smaller turbo kit to run on stock fuel and then later down the road upgrades the fuel system most likey he would want a bigger turbo as well, leaving him out of another thousand or so buying another turbo and having to go through the hassle of selling the smaller one. Either way, u are going to lose out on some money. By buying the bigger single and running conservative amounts of boost and waiting for the fuel system you wont be stuck in the dilema of having to upgrade turbo because you want to run more boost, when the fuel system is put in.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sorry if that sounded all harsh. I kinda figured it's a all in one step or bust........ Unless your stock twins go. But what is a T78 like below 4k? If I was to jump in a t-78 setup without knowing it had a t-78 and not revving beyond 4k rpm's what would i note in comparison to a stock twin bpu

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
who said you cant go beyond 4krpm with out fuel? you cant boost i have been told over 1.3!as to be safe!
breakemlose said:
Sorry if that sounded all harsh. I kinda figured it's a all in one step or bust........ Unless your stock twins go. But what is a T78 like below 4k? If I was to jump in a t-78 setup without knowing it had a t-78 and not revving beyond 4k rpm's what would i note in comparison to a stock twin bpu

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
Lag is overrated:p

It drives just fine. At three thousand RPM and above the average BPU car cant keep up.

People who ride in my car ask me "where's the lag?"

I ran 12.5-12.6 second 1/4 mile times at 113-116 traps at BPU. The car now is MUCH faster then it was at BPU.:D

Bob

·
Registered
248 Posts
t-78 dyno graph?

could someone please post a dyno graph of a t-78 on stock fuel. i like to compare it to stock twins in ttc mode...it looks like i'm headed on the same path as others here.

tia,

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Re: t-78 dyno graph?

That would be a rare dyno graph indeed, but one I'd also like to see since in all likelihood my current car will get an upgraded turbo before a fully upgraded fuel system (part of my fuel system is already upgraded now).

Anyone have any low boost graphs of T78 equipped cars available? :D

Steve T.

tt4playn said:
could someone please post a dyno graph of a t-78 on stock fuel. i like to compare it to stock twins in ttc mode...it looks like i'm headed on the same path as others here.

tia,

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
342 Posts
That Dyno chart of the T-78 (assuming it is the 602 line) looks really off. After I get my car dynoed on Wednesday, I will have the dyno chart posted.

Hoping for 650. : )

1 - 20 of 47 Posts