Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult was the process? Tell me how much each of you paid? Does the stock auto ecu remain the same?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Cost me a little over $1500 with me doing all the labor. It's easy other than cutting the tunnel around the shifter. The auto ECU will work, but the 5-speed ecu won't have the flat spots where the auto ecu thinks it's shifting.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DaveH said:
Cost me a little over $1500 with me doing all the labor. It's easy other than cutting the tunnel around the shifter. The auto ECU will work, but the 5-speed ecu won't have the flat spots where the auto ecu thinks it's shifting.
So I take it the 5 spd ecu is a plug and play? Well, that ecu's rare anyway..

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
j0hnyboi said:
So I take it the 5 spd ecu is a plug and play? Well, that ecu's rare anyway..
I have an obd1 5spd ecu for you... i'm local too! PM me if interested

·
Registered
503 Posts
I paid 1g for trans, shifter, pedal assembley, clutch kit, ecu, clutch master with steel braided line, and shiped. Riding with auto ecu is okay its mainly that dang check engine light that bugs.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool..

sonny12 said:
I paid 1g for trans, shifter, pedal assembley, clutch kit, ecu, clutch master with steel braided line, and shiped. Riding with auto ecu is okay its mainly that dang check engine light that bugs.
right on man.. there must be a way to bypass this check light though.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
j0hnyboi said:
right on man.. there must be a way to bypass this check light though.
You can unplug the bulb, heh. The manual ecu will plug right into your harness with no modifications. I think there's only a few wires that aren't used. You can use one from an SC or a n/a supra so you could buy Garland's ecu. The clutch pedal was cake....except for cutting the holes. I think the hardest thing is getting to some of the bolts when removing the auto and of course move the heavy ass thing once it is unbolted.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Daveh..5spd conversion

DaveH said:
Dave.. it sounds pretty easy. Which tranny do I use on my sc300? I know I need the bell housing from the sc300, but which tranny do I use so that the shifter comes up perfectly aligned at the center console? Also, when cutting the tunnel, what is the purpose of this? Tranny fitment issues, or shifter alignment? Do I cut the tunnel from the inside of my car, or underneath?

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Ask on the clublexus forums, might be some good info there too.

I already offered a complete 5spd setup up once ;)

James

1 - 14 of 14 Posts