Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
resident smart ass
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I need to get a decent if not end all list of exhausts.

I am looking for only the 4" varity.

Seeing as the 4" dp is going to be fairly availible from SP (insider info there) it would be nice to see options on whats out there to match it.

Oh yeah.. give a price too since you got all the info smart guy. =)

·
resident smart ass
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OH come on fellas.. dont tell me theres not any geeks out there that has researched every freeking exhaust out there and can rattle off 20 different makes and models in 2 seconds.

DONT MAKE ME WORK>> I have other things to surf durring work hours!!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I've only heard of 2 brand name exahausts that are 4", The HKS TI and the Greddy one, I forget its name. I think HPF has them all listed, you can check there and check the prices. You could always have a custom exhaust made for your car if you don't like the models that are offered.

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
Greg Bielawski said:
I've only heard of 2 brand name exahausts that are 4", The HKS TI and the Greddy one, I forget its name. I think HPF has them all listed, you can check there and check the prices. You could always have a custom exhaust made for your car if you don't like the models that are offered.

The greddy EVO exhaust? i believe thats what its called.

·
resident smart ass
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was all ready to get the TI and was talked out of it by a couple of people. I hear its too loud for a daily driver and with the silencer you kill the whole purpose of having a 4" setup.

I would assume SP can do a custom job .. whats a ball park mr Larry.. (I am sure you would rather say then have 200 calls asking you the same question.) (also assume no one has a 4" dp set up and would need that as well.)

I will check HPF to see what they got going as well.

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
Strawberry Supra said:
I was all ready to get the TI and was talked out of it by a couple of people. I hear its too loud for a daily driver and with the silencer you kill the whole purpose of having a 4" setup.

I would assume SP can do a custom job .. whats a ball park mr Larry.. (I am sure you would rather say then have 200 calls asking you the same question.) (also assume no one has a 4" dp set up and would need that as well.)

I will check HPF to see what they got going as well.

It is kinda loud but I got used to it and it just sounds incredible i would never switch for anything.. I have to use the silencer when I come into my community late at night tho otherwise i will get a fine which is gay... I can't wait till im moving out of this hell hole.

·
resident smart ass
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is .. my weekend fun is driving to the city or around local hang outs.. all of which have EXTREEEMLY ANAL cops. They just love to bust people for anything. The city is kinda bad but the suburbs of chicago are just insane.

ALTHOUGH.. i was tlking to a few chaps at SP and they said to get the emmissions exemption for either a race or show car. I wonder if I get that then I dont have to worry about noise? hehe.. pipe dream I know.

As far as loud. I have a really loud system in the car already. just drown out the exhaust .. that and having an auto dif my car runs at 4K doing 80mph.. that alone is enough to drive ya insane..

There would be a perminate NO TALKING sign hanging from my rear view mirror if i got the TI i would suppose.

·
resident smart ass
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh thats just great advice!! LOL .. Put it this way. Around here burbs cops have ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SHIT to do besides harass people and coleect BULLSHIT fines. Just a loud idle and normal take off will put these shit heads in a tizzy.

I am thinking for the hastle the greddy would make a bit more sense.

Heres a newb question. When oyu get a custom exaust what muffler do you get.. just some random one you like and fit it into the back or do you just run 4" straght out the back! hehe. that would be cool =) I know theres no chance of ever putting a CAT in line then either .. correct?!

I have heard a 4" straight out hte back.. very fucking loud just creeping around the parking lot. the black car that sat at sp fo almost 2 years had one. I dont know if it is still over in the old building but it was loud a fuck to say the least.

I would be intrested in knowing how many people have a 4" set up right now compared to a 3.5. I know all the big boys have em but what about the average joe like me. The guys WITHOUT the store logo footing the bill!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts