Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup..

I've been trying to decide what color to paint my car.. it's gonna be blue for sure, at first I wanted IS300 blue, still love it ;) but seems like more and more people are gettin their cars painted that color. I wanna keep it original, and I think that the blue on the Skyline R34's (Calsonic Blue) is perfect.

I never really thought about it till I saw pictures of this supra a while ago...

seein as this car will quite possibly be the inspiration for my paint color, I was wonderin if there was any more info, or pictures of it.

Don't remember how I came upon the site ( here ) , probably someone on these forums.

But if you got any more info on this awsome car that what's on the site, lemme know! :)

W

·
0 Posts
Yeah, that color is sweet.

I love the color of my car, only one other guy on the forums that I have seen has even a similar color.

I felt original for a little while.

At least no one in my area even has a supra, let alone a modded one.

If I got my car painted again, itd have to be blue, cause of the interior, plus I love it, but im really starting to love the Corvette z-06 "electric blue"

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea man, I always loved your car :bigthumb: and yea, I was lookin at some other colors, like "Electric blue" and "Jazz blue" but they seem a bit too flashy for me...:rolleyes:

W

·
0 Posts
What about like a lighter blue then even the calsonic blue

I have a color in mind but I cant find a good photo

Like a nice blue/gray color metallic

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
werkkrew said:
Yeah, that color is sweet.

I love the color of my car, only one other guy on the forums that I have seen has even a similar color.

I felt original for a little while.

At least no one in my area even has a supra, let alone a modded one.
Thats me! I have Aegean Blue Pearl from Acura. I gotta get some new pics. The color has really changed and lightened up as the paint has had a lot of time to set up now. Plus I added a bunch of JDM/Euro goodies (thanks spinningheadboy).

I also have to get my Bomex replica lip on there... my paint shop did a really crappy job painting though, so I may have to go have someone else respray it (no primer and one paper thin coat of paint). At least they fixed the cracks and smoothed it out, and it was free.

The calsonic blue looks kind of washed out to me. I am sure it looks much better in person.

W

·
0 Posts
I wish I could find a pic of the color I am thinking of, its gorgeous, but I never saw it on a supra, I saw it on like a ferrari or something

·
Registered
948 Posts
anyone consider electron blue?

M

·
0 Posts
i COULDA sworn it was called bay sky blue or bayside blue....

melloboy

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
does anyone else think that first car looks like rsp? just a little blander..... hmph... :dunno:

·
Registered
332 Posts
spinningheadboy said:
JDM/Euro goodies? I'd love to see those! :)

Go with the blue Fatboy! Or go black!

Chris D.
BLACK! or stick with the silver. I think your car is beautiful the way it is. I mean look at your avatar....simply beautiful...:D

Tim

W

·
0 Posts
I agree.

Silver is the best combination of unique, clean, and just plain great looking. I love silver cars.

When I buy a MKIV eventually its gonna be silver

·
Registered
707 Posts
I agree with staying silver. Your car is really clean the way it is now. If not silver I would go with RSP, or the Calsonic you mentioned, it looks really nice too.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol: everyone thinks my car looks great.. The paint is pretty bad in person, and to me, nothin will look better than blue with white accents..

here is the ferrari color you are talkin about, looks nice :)

It's called "Grigio Alloy"

here is "Jazz Blue"

is this the "Electric Blue" on the vette?

And yea, now that I think about it, I remember the skyline blue being called "Bayside Blue" least in GT2 it was..This ain't the best pic, but basically what I want, blue and white wheels :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
werkkrew, your car is great looking also! Fatboy, why go through this exotic car change when you can stay sexy without all the hassle.... My MKIV will be black or anthracite...:D

·
Registered
332 Posts
The ferrari color will look horrible on an MK3 IMO. Best bet is "bayside blue" or something darker than the other ones atleast.

Tim

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bah, should I even bother tryin' to convince everyone, my car's paint is shitttty in person, there is even silver spray paint on the drivers side door and fender, and rear 1/2 panel, it's not pretty. I am looking into a paint job because my car was recently hit by an old lady in a rav4, and I will most likely be able to get a bunch of extra money (hint, paint)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I felt so lucky to find a factory blue Supra; although the color isn't as deep or gorgeous (in my opinion) as some of the pics posted above. Black looks gorgeous, but I will never own another black car. My Toyota truck uses the same 202 black as Supras and its a PITA to keep clean or keep from cracking in the hot sun through the years.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts