Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, im in the middle of fitting my single turbo and need to fit the cam cover breather filter. the pics ive seen of peoples cars has this filter pointing straight up but the metal pipe points at an angle. how do i twist the pipe around to let me point the filter straight up?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Digital Tripod said:
Get a BIG ASS screw driver stick it in the hole and turn it. It is just a pressure fitting so it will turn with no problem.
i started to do that but noticed the pipe starting to distort so stopped. if its definitely pressure fitted i'll take the cover off and heat the pipe a bit

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Digital Tripod said:
The catch can will keep the engine cleaner for one.
is that the only benefit? i may look at fitting one in the future but for now will stick with the filter.
thanks for the replies

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
you can build a catch can for really cheap...

not sure if I am understanding this correctly, but on my car, it keeps the oil/blowby from being dumped into my intercooler pipes and my intercooler. This hurts the efficiency. From what you are saying though, all that is happening is the oil is going to just go all over your engine bay.

Do a quick search on google. That's what I did, or get a cheap one off of e-bay if you don't feel like making one.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hua said:
A catch can is only $25 on eBay. I'm talking about the ones that look verbatim to the GReddy units.
plus shipping to the uk :eek2:. i will definitely look into one though

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
I had to turn mine with channel-locks. Screwdriver wouldn't work for me either. FYI, Summit's part # for the K&N filter you need is KNN-62-1330 in case you don't have the filter yet.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DLC said:
I had to turn mine with channel-locks. Screwdriver wouldn't work for me either. FYI, Summit's part # for the K&N filter you need is KNN-62-1330 in case you don't have the filter yet.
ive just bought the filters from obiwan knn-62-1360 though, i hope it fits ok

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AZMongoose said:
I just run a little 90 degree hose off of it, no need for a filter
i dont like that idea, wouldnt oil drip out all over the exhaust manifold? at least with the filter it would catch most of it

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
To turn it without distortion you can find a 12pt deepwell socket (13or14mm I think) that fit's over the pcv valve and use an extension to get the leverage for it to turn.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mike91t said:
To turn it without distortion you can find a 12pt deepwell socket (13or14mm I think) that fit's over the pcv valve and use an extension to get the leverage for it to turn.

Goodluck!
nice one, i'll try that method

1 - 17 of 17 Posts