Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, right now my AEM parameter "stat sync'd" isn't turning on when I'm cranking which means I'm not getting a good crank or cam signal. First, can anyone give me info from the service manual on how to test the sensors? I lost one of my FSMs so I'm clueless. Also, does anyone know if ignition wiring could effect the signals? Are they on the same circuit? Does anyone know where the sensors are grounded? This would be so much easier with the FSM. :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the specs on the CPS. It checked out and I got similar readings for the cam sensors too so I'd assume they are supposed to be in the same ballpark as the CPS. Anyone have any other suggestions on why I'm not getting a good signal?

·
Registered
458 Posts
could be similar to the code the stocker gets for bad IFM signal... since you've sorta ruled out the CAS and CPS next you could check the igniter and make sure all the coils are firing.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IFM signal?? Thats the ignition signal from the ECU right? Well I definitly won't be getting that since the ECU isn 't getting the proper cam and/or crank signal(s). When the stat sync'd parameter doesn't turn on it means that its not getting the signal and in turn it won't send out the signal to fire the injectors or coils.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
See if you are getting engine rpm of 300-400 while cranking. The AEM calculates this solely off of the crank sensor. I would lean towards the crank sensor being the problem. I have seen many of the the timing rings come off of the gear.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only had time to check the sensors themselves. As for RPM, I get the signal when I'm cranking. I should add that I had a bad ground at the EMS and it was turning it on and off and causing other wierd problems. I couldn't find why it wasn't getting a good ground so I just grounded pin 69 (I think) as a band-aid fix. Could these problems be related? I think its time to go to the garage and just start putting ground straps everywhere.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correction, I'm not getting an RPM signal. I know I was recently though. So what should I be looking at now? The sensor ohmed out at 1.3 Kohms and I didn't mess with the wiring from the sensor to the ECU. The sensor itself looks like its in place firmly and the plug near the alternator is in firmly. Could messing with ignition wiring in any way cause this problem?
I didn't have time to check to see if the EMS was getting a signal on pin 27b but assuming its not, am I faced with trying to trace the wiring all the way back to the ECU to look for problems?

·
Registered
430 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
Hey, right now my AEM parameter "stat sync'd" isn't turning on when I'm cranking which means I'm not getting a good crank or cam signal. First, can anyone give me info from the service manual on how to test the sensors? I lost one of my FSMs so I'm clueless. Also, does anyone know if ignition wiring could effect the signals? Are they on the same circuit? Does anyone know where the sensors are grounded? This would be so much easier with the FSM. :D

Go below for 93-95 electrical and engine service manuals...need Adobe 6.0 reader

turboboy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts