Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its kind of a short and stupid question but, those who have made holes in their spark plug cover to expose cam gears, how and with what did you do it? and pics if you have any

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boost Junkie said:
Personally, I would never do it because I don't want sand and grit inside the timing cover to eat up the belt and gears and generally make a mess, BUT you can cut neat holes like that with a hole saw. You can buy them at Home Depot.

Here are some examples of the saws:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/552402/104-0710614-0803953
couldnt you wash it and remove the sand and gritleft behind, do you know anyone who has had that problem? and do you know the size of the gears?

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i plan o ndoin mine tommorow and im thinking of using the hole saw to get the round curve in the corners and then finish the cut with a dremel,since i have a shaky hand. cant u tell from me typing?lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just be careful with the dremel. You want to cut and not melt the plastic so take it slow and easy and let it cool down. Also use a hole saw with a pilot bit, hole saws arent the easiest thing to hold steady and if you got a shaky hand you'll need all the help you can get. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts