Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes Cam gears for our cars? I am looking for the lightest set made. Would that be unothordux cam gears? Help me out please IU am buying them this week And want to get a nice lightweight set thats not 3-bolt And i am looking to get them for a good deal. Email me or pm If you can help me out Thanks Brett

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Any of the adjustable cam gears for the TT will fit. I don't think there is probably much of a weight difference between any of them. I personally have the AEM gears, but they are the 3 bolt type.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Dave. Are you running TT cam gears on your car? and do you have the gte head on your car? Thanks Xdreamer

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone who has taken the stock cam gears or gear weigh them individualy for me please. IF I am doing all motor I need to know the tinyest details. I am trying to find document every little drivetrain savings even going with the lightest highest quality cam gears I get I am even putting titainum bolts in them and what not. LoL I am crazy like that. Thanks Xdreamer

·
ABM
497 Posts
from what i've heard JUN and HKS TT cam gears work the best, both 5-bolt and will fit our NA's. as far as weight, there won't be much of a difference.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
like close to none if you dont advance or chnage your timing. maybe a few h.p most wihtout tunbing them thats a big if :p

·
Registered
679 Posts
Xdreamer said:
like close to none if you dont advance or chnage your timing. maybe a few h.p most wihtout tunbing them thats a big if :p

I meant with tuning what hp gains can be achieved...
also what the advantages/difference between the 3 bolt and 5 bolt, is it just for security...........

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep some chepaer 3-bolts tend to slip over time which will cause major engine dmage unless you are aware. Anways i dont know how much h.p cant be extracted from a na with cam hgears I thin kthere was only one or two other pople who have put them on there cra. But i dont know what the set the timing at. SO i have to tune them on a dyno. OR find someone who has done it. Try a Search a rmeber it waas talked about a while back but thats person isnt part of the forums anymore i htink he sold his car~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts