Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greddy, Aem, HKS (Think I heard problems with the pulleys getting ate up with HKS), Unorthodox Racing, TITAN

Man... So many brands I am wanting to stand by the TITAN crank pulley, and the TITAN cam gears.

What are everyones opinions?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Stay away from any of the three bolt cam gears (iirc the HKS and AEMs are 3 bolts)

·
Registered
89 Posts
They are still laying in my room so i cant give them a review yet lol. Im buying a boost controller soon then I will get the car tuned along with the gears installed. Ive heard from a few people you can gain from 15-20whp with a good tune.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I believe they claim 18whp on the suprastore site.

Man I need to get a Supra... I hate having to just keeping reassembling what Im going to do with one when I finally get one.

I guess good things are worth waiting for.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
my hks ones got eaten up in under 12k miles... the aluminum is too soft so the belt literally corrodes away the teeth

caused me to skip timing and i had to do a timing belt, cam gear change in a downtown chicago parking garage

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Heard bad things about the 3 bolts too. I've got the Titan gears I would say I picked up around 20rwhp at least with them. If I remember correctly I was at 402rwhp I ended up putting down 425 after the tuner played with them a bit. I can't remember what the exact number was though. It was under 410rwhp before they were adjusted. Plus I don't think the price was that bad on the titan ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts