Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting adjustable cam gears. I just don't know if they are worth the price. How much power can they give you, and who makes the best ones? I'm looking for something that is close to being plug and play. I have read that the JUN ones are five bolt design. Just like the stock cam gears. Most of the other companies make a three bolt design. Also the JUN one uses the stock gear design. Is that any good? Any help will be appreciated.

Later :)

M

·
0 Posts
for me, i donot think the cam gears is worth to gain just 20rhp for about $200 , unless u like the looks of the cam gear on your engine, beside tuning is required, i would say save it for a good boost controller or a decent intercooler would be nice...
:D
-Ming

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a FMIC, and a boost controller. So I thought the nest step would be cam gears, and electric fan. I'm also doing this now because I have to replace the timing belt, so it's a perfect time to do these upgrades. I just don’t know who makes the best ones. Also about the power gain, by having my car BPU+ (FMIC) would I get more than 20hp out of the cam gears, and is that at the fly? Also how much HP do the electric fans free up?

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
JUN does make a good cam gear, and they slip right in. Think of the cost like an investment. If you ever go single with cams, you'll have the gears for fine tuning. The fans free up about 10 or so hp, but the real grins start when you upgrade the flywheel to a 16 lb unit. The revs are noticibly quicker.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts