Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was needing to ask a question. What is the best cam gear to get. I've heard that the AEM's were no good because of their 3 bolt pattern, so I was wondering if this also applied to the HKS cam gears. My main choices would be between HKS, JUN, and Unorthodox. I would prefer the HKS because of the looks but am not sure if they have the same problems that the AEM's gears have. And with that said just between the Unorthodox and JUN which one (if their are any differences) is/would be the better one to get.

Oh yeah! I tried a search, but sometimes information, and peoples opinions can change. So there is no need for anybody to post "use the search botton". :)

Thanks

MCL

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
I went with UO Racing because of the five bolt pattern. Plus they came in RED which happens to be the color of my Supra. UO Racing also has pulley sets that match the color of the cam gears. So I bought them too. UO Racing is good choice and so is the JUN. I would stay away from the three bolt pattern only because the majority believes it to be inferior.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply VETKILR. I didn't even think about the idea of matching up the colors. :D That just adds another plus in favor of Unorthodox because I was planning on getting a pully kit from them.

Thanks

MCL :sai:

M

·
0 Posts
I went w/ the UO as well, deifnately no complaints. I think there are no choices besides the Jun and UO, which are almost identical- the only difference is looks and availability- the Juns are a little bit harder to get your hands on- but not tough @ all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the advice guys. It will be put to good use.

MCL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts