Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems since I added Billet S2 cams to my car, very hot starts have been an issue until car cools down then it'll start. Fuel crank values are good.
Now, today I finally drove the car a good amount in 100 deg heat. Went to make a pull and it was a mess. Sync errors. Car isn't seeing any cam signal when hot thus means it wont give it fuel at cranking.

I hear in the rumor mill that people are having issues with the billet cams and cam sync at higher operating temps.... any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
9 Posts
im running megasqirt ms3 pro and im having sync issues as well here and there ever since i started to run gsc S2 cams. I was told to get a new cam sensor not sure if that will fix the issue

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it only occur at higher operating temps or all the time hot and cold?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was having cam sync issues after swapping to LS coils. I cut out some crappy brackets for some digital sensors for my cam and my crank and the issue went away. The digital sensors provide a cleaner signal that is not prone to interference like the stock alternating current sensors are, the engine runs a lot smoother which is most noticeable at idle.

My buddy that has a small metal fab shop just bought a new cnc mill last Friday and fabbing up some of these brackets is one of the first things that I want to do with it. If you are interested and can wait a few weeks let me know and I can save you some money otherwise you might want to consider getting one of the kits that is already on the market.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see those are 3 wire sensors. Where does the 3rd wire get ran to

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please share if anyone of you have both your crank and cam/home sensor threshold voltage tables

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry, can't help, I tried different settings when I had the stock sensors but never could get it right and the digital sensors don't have voltage threshold.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. Ended up being when I had a passenger, they kicked my floor upon a pull and fucked up some wires into my harness :/ Took days of trail and error to finally diag this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts