Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , found on Ebay while browsing . Is this really true, or this person is just full of ....kaka!!
see below for a description of these cams for 7mgte.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Description
you are bidding on a set of N/A cams used in the performance upgrade. i install these cams in all my performance upgrades for about a 33 to 40 HP increase in the 7MGTE turbo ,higher lift and duration on the intake than the turbo cams. i buy the N/A heads from japan just to use these cams. an easy upgrade that can be done in an afternoon. please ask any and all questons before bidding as all sales are final. thanks for looking.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Happpy New Year all.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
It will give you some power, but not nearly 30-40 hp. Someone dynoed them both a while back, I think the gain was like 10hp.

S

·
0 Posts
The N/a cam has less lift, and less duration. Good for low-end power, not so good for making big numbers.

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
do u install both NA cams or just the exhaust side??? i was thinkin bout doing this because i am bout to get a NA car for very cheap

chris

S

·
0 Posts
supraman741 said:
do u install both NA cams or just the exhaust side??? i was thinkin bout doing this because i am bout to get a NA car for very cheap

chris
Only the intake camshaft is different. The exhaust ones are the same.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
You know this upgrade only works if you have large stickers on the rear dual element wing....

R

·
0 Posts
conundrum07 said:
It will give you some power, but not nearly 30-40 hp. Someone dynoed them both a while back, I think the gain was like 10hp.

Yeah, but isn't the 10hp gain on a stock car?

Say he had a 450 hp motor, and then stuck the NA cams in.
He'd gain alot more right?

R

·
0 Posts
conundrum07 said:

Yeah, but isn't the 10hp gain on a stock motor?

Say he had 450hp, and then stuck in the NA cams.

He'd gain alot more, right?

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
for a torque curve that concentrates on the lower rpm's (usually a smaller turbo) go with the n/a cam.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
actually i compared the n/a cam to turbo cam and the intake cams are identical, but the exhaust n/a cam has more duration and same lift.

I think the n/a cam would be just better for quicker turbo spooling thus you hit boost quicker and longer

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
NegativeGeForce said:
actually i compared the n/a cam to turbo cam and the intake cams are identical, but the exhaust n/a cam has more duration and same lift.

I think the n/a cam would be just better for quicker turbo spooling thus you hit boost quicker and longer
:nono:

How did you compare them?
This topic has been killed, killed, and killed over and over again search and it shall be given unto you.

http://bkriz.mkiiisupra.com/conversion_notes.htm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts