Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is using aftermarket cams on their NA-T? What sorts of gains and what grinds are you using? I am curious as I get the last few things together for the ethanol conversion on my car I want to figure out what cams to pair with it all..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking at either the TTC cams or the MVP BC cams..I don't need anything crazy, but I want something better than the stock GE cams up top to take advantage of some more RPM on my S366.

·
Registered
997 Posts
If you want to shift the powerband to the right go with the bigger cams, for a street car some 264's would fit nicely, and I think you can still use stock hardware with those.
larger cams you will need to do springs etc...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup..I'm aware ;).

I have BC springs/retainers in there already, as I anticipated getting cams at some point. The stock cams didn't do too bad honestly..make peak power at 7k, but a bit more duration and lift would be nice..get that powerband shifted over a bit..give myself more powerband in boost.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i just installed both exh and int on my na-t as well as a haltech ps2000, results when i get everything working right.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which cams did you go with?

·
Registered
524 Posts
bc 264s with the exhaust cam gear

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good deal! I am anxious to see how you do with those!

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
i have ttc 268 degree and love them .. the cams with a well designed ffim is what helped put me at 600rwhp @19psi on 93 oct .. car just keeps pulling

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any idea what you made before the cams?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where are you making peak power now?

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
all in around 4800 peak power around 5800 ish , redline 8000k

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What?! I made peak power at 7k with my stock cams and my S366...

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
What?! I made peak power at 7k with my stock cams and my S366...
I know many here in south Florida who complain about the laziness of the s366 .i guess tune and other supporting mods help . Also I'm around 9:4:1 ish cr

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have any complaints. I had full boost at 4300 in 4th. If I can rev out to 8k that is plenty of power and for me. I also don't have the space for big tired like you guys do, so the turbo coming on later does help some.

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
I did an HKS 264 intake and TTC 268 exhaust. I was at 481rwhp @18psi before and 540rwhp after on 93 octane.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome! Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
What BC part number for NA-T guys still on a distributor??? I think it's BC03014 but not 100% certain. Anybody??

Thanks,

Shane

1 - 20 of 27 Posts