Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Drifter 4 Life!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have my car dropped on H&r springs with GR2's (horrible set-up but its what i had money for at the time...)

in order to adjust the camber on my rear tires, the guys at goodyear told me i have to get camber plates and that they dont make them for my car......

i plan on getting some JIC coil-overs within the next 6 months or so and raise up the ride height a lil but i dont think that will solve my problem...

i want to pretty much upgrade my whole suspension but all i ever find for our cars are coil-overs, sway bars, and strut bars....

any help would be appreciated.

thanks guys

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
fatMKIII said:
so i have my car dropped on H&r springs with GR2's (horrible set-up but its what i had money for at the time...)

in order to adjust the camber on my rear tires, the guys at goodyear told me i have to get camber plates and that they dont make them for my car......

i plan on getting some JIC coil-overs within the next 6 months or so and raise up the ride height a lil but i dont think that will solve my problem...

i want to pretty much upgrade my whole suspension but all i ever find for our cars are coil-overs, sway bars, and strut bars....

any help would be appreciated.

thanks guys
mk3's dont have camber plates. any alignment shop can adjust it for you.

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
fatMKIII said:

They lied to you. The stock suspension is adjustable enough to handle anything, and they are just incompentent.

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
NOT FLAMING YOU AT ALL WHEN I SAY THIS

but could you have found a place alot better than goodyear?

but yes they lied so go back there and demand a soda pop and adjustment :)

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Go back there, punch said employee and say: You idiot! Double-wishbone independant suspension geometry means that changing the position of the shock mount at the top will not result in any camber shift.

Then punch him again and go somewhere else. (Also, punch his boss for not firing him yet).

PS: The Supra has ALL the adjustment you need to get the car back to spec.

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
Go back there, punch said employee and say: You idiot! Double-wishbone independant suspension geometry means that changing the position of the shock mount at the top will not result in any camber shift.

Then punch him again and go somewhere else. (Also, punch his boss for not firing him yet).

PS: The Supra has ALL the adjustment you need to get the car back to spec.

LOL!!! Agreed.

·
Drifter 4 Life!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok cool deal!

thanks guys.....

so no matter how much i drop the car, i should be able to put the wheels to the right camber?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts