Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to order some cam form supra store but they only had the three bolt patterns ,would 5 spoke cam be better ,like jun's, and whats weight of driveshaft for a r154 turbo supra im looking to get a lighter one any recommendations

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
what about str cam gears on hpf's site.. they are cheap

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Titans dont wear out and are 5 bolt. I got em used like brand new for $150 when i walked in the shop.

Koyo rad is eh ok. Suprastore.com had a sale on a nice supra griffen for around $450.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
R154 Turbo Driveshaft ~31 pounds

Jaws 1pc Aluminum DS - 12 lbs
Jaws 1pc Steel DS - 19 lbs

And yes the Titan cam gears work very nice..

·
supra love
463 Posts
how is the strength of a 1 piece driveshaft (aluminum)? i just remember seeing that thread of that one that broke for that guy at the track...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
MattOneDime said:
R154 Turbo Driveshaft ~31 pounds

Jaws 1pc Aluminum DS - 12 lbs
Jaws 1pc Steel DS - 19 lbs

And yes the Titan cam gears work very nice..

fucking sweet im getting those then is it from titan motorsports if not can i have the number

N

·
0 Posts
usually 3 bolt arent good but if your going hks then itll be fine i think the horror stories just mainly came from acura/honda str and aem cam gears form the past. hell ive even heard the aem 5 bolts literally breaking, saw pictures too

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nine49kid said:
usually 3 bolt arent good but if your going hks then itll be fine i think the horror stories just mainly came from acura/honda str and aem cam gears form the past. hell ive even heard the aem 5 bolts literally breaking, saw pictures too

yeah thats what i was worried about but it hks and it not a honda even tho it has more power

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ZaZZn said:
I have a set of polished titians as well
You have some for sale if not are they from titian motorsport bec I didn't see them I saw the greddy 5 bolt one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts