Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best cam gears for an NA and the best pulleys that don't sacrifice comfort like A/C...I don't know what underdrive pulleys are either...

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
Cam gears all do the same thing (Advance or retard timing) You can choose whatever catches your eye. It all about looks at this point.

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
underdrive oullies aret recomended for our cars, im not sure why but many people have not had good luck with them.

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
Cam gears DON'T advance or retard timing. They adjust the cam timing or more specifically when the intake and exhaust valve open or close in relation to cylinder compression, FYI.:doh: I would stay away from HKS gears. They seem to have a tendency to chew up timing belts. Titan has a nice set that are 5 bolt that are very secure. As for pulleys, Orthodox and Greddy both have sets that are decent. Stay away from the eBay stuff and don't use an underdrive crank pulley. They are not dampened so they don't absorb any driveline shock or abnormalities. Underdrive pulley are just smaller or larger than stock depending on that they are turning. A larger pulley will make something turn slower, a smaller one will turn faster. Get a Boostlogic crank pulley if you are replacing it. It's dampened and well made. Comes in black and silver.

·
beautiful machines
126 Posts
on a na supre the exhaust cam gear will advance or retard the ignition timing because the distributor is run of the exhaust cam so every time you make a cam timing adjustment on the exhaust side you have to reset the ignition timing too..

·
Banned
222 Posts
on a na supre the exhaust cam gear will advance or retard the ignition timing because the distributor is run of the exhaust cam so every time you make a cam timing adjustment on the exhaust side you have to reset the ignition timing too..
how do you reset the timing. or do you mean just sync it again with the aem i just degreed my cams and had to advance the ex. cam 2.5 degrees and the intake 4.5degrees so the cams can match the cam card at .050 of valve open.

·
---
2,768 Posts
Do NOT use the unorthodox crank pulley. I repeat do NOT. The other pullies are fine but in very non technical terms "itl fuck your shit up" I speak from experience. As far as cam gears go, my opinion is unorthodox are the strongest, and look great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts