Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok thort id post a thread here beacause after alot of searching couldnt find anything... im after a video or dyno graph of an N/A jza80 supra that has done cams as im thinking of doing it but no1 in australia has done it yet so was hoping someone in the states has done it

· Registered
23 Posts
Try Wade cams, they have the blanks, with the gear for the distributor. My cousin got some custom made 2j cams made with his own special profile.

Cowboy Bebop I think makes NA-t cams so might be able to grind you up some NA ones. There is a video on You tube also with a sc300 and 280 cams but that is turbo also.

· Registered
23 Posts
To eliminate the distributor, you have a few options. Magnets in the cam gear and setup a hall effect sensor, TT oil pump with the sensor inbuilt, or a 7mgte crank position sensor modified to suit. But that still requires a cam with the gear on it.

· Senior
1,619 Posts
Do any of these people make cams that eliminate the distributor?
Since most performance suppliers target the TT, the majority of cams are distributorless. Cowboy Bebop supplies hard welded cams for the n/a with a distributor-as we need it in U.S. n/a's except for the 1998. Since you're from Australia, I assume you have an 98-02 n/a? Got Getrag? Lucky you!

· Registered
23 Posts
Since most performance suppliers target the TT, the majority of cams are distributorless. Cowboy Bebop supplies hard welded cams for the n/a with a distributor-as we need it in U.S. n/a's except for the 1998. Since you're from Australia, I assume you have an 98-02 n/a? Got Getrag? Lucky you!
Unfortunately there are very few 6 speed NA cars over here. Getrags are worth an absolute fortune.

Hey Cowboy Bebop, If us aussies wanted a cam, what would you do about a core? It would be far too much money to send one across, could you work something out for us?

Daniel

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rx22nv - jappimports(moe) on the australia forums has some cams you can buy off him n then send away but other then that you'll have tou use your own. And i was more lookin for dyno graphs or videos of N//A's with cams to see what kind of improvement it is over stock and if its worth evan doing them.. Im on a suspended licence atm so i have no problem with mine being removed im just working out if its worth doing it in an N/A current mods are: custom intake piping and airbox, dkne extractors, full 2.5 inch custom exhaust so my next things are management and cams

· Registered
23 Posts
What part of Aus are you in? I reckon you'd be better off putting on an aftermarket computer and then turbo-ing your current motor.

You could go full tilt with cams and headwork but the gains are always going to be minimal compared to the money spent. This is just my opinion however, but I am a boost freak!

· Banned
5,990 Posts
We can source core cams here, that's no problem. It's listed in the options bar from the link I posted above. There are a few guys with dynos here on the forums that are using the cams, and they all showed a marked improvement over stock.

Thanks!!

Eric

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah not interested in turboing this supra ... want to build it up to be a tough n/a and in 1 year when im off my p's and get my inheritance ill be getting either an RZ or GTR. But i will hopefully be keeping the n/a supra aswell:D.. and im chasing 160-170 rwkw with the cams and management as someone in aus is at 160rwkw without the cams so its do-able

· Registered
508 Posts
I don't speak in kw, but with a set of 264 cams and all the bolt ons you'll make about 200rwhp.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
200rwhp has already been made here with out cams .. just exhaust,extractors, aftermarket panel filter and a tune with an safc.. so i was hoping with the cams id be looking at like 215 ish rwhp and i was also looking at getting the size up from that ..272's with a 9.5mm lift or yeh just the 264's with a 9.6 lift

· Registered
808 Posts
215 ish is doable with the ttc cams. i have the ttc 268 cams in my 95 n/a. got them from cowboy bebop and i highley recomend useing him he helped me out a lot, he knows his stuff. his 268 grind is very close to the hks 272.
i dont have a dyno sheet, forgot to ask for a copy after my tunning :(
but i will be going to the speed for sale meet in oct. they have a dyno at the show. so if you dont mind wating i will have you one. just let me know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.