Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
before I go cussing Crower out, let me get the run down and save Crower from a bashing.
They have the oppurtunity to fix their mistake...i have to wait to see what hey do.

Rundown: I need my car running by next Monday (12), as I am driving to Jacksonville FL (from Atlanta GA) on Friday Jan 16 and i need a couple of days to break in the new clutch.
Got my crower regrinds back in with lash caps. Lash caps are not big enough for clearance. Toyota custom spacers are not big enough for clearance.
I have, as of now, a set of useless regrinds that are not going to help unless crower sends me perfect lash caps (applications specific instead of the bullshit generics). I dont have time, or money, to make custom valves. I dont have the connections to make custom lash caps and spacers.
Anyone have any suggestions? anyone selling a set of Stock GE cams? My car must be running early next week...im sick of waiting. Been waiting two fucking months due to bullshit issues with warranty claim. NO longer. Need Supra bros and sis help...what to do?
I spoke with Dave Crower yesterday on this matter and he talked to my shop about it...i have not spoken to either one of them since (this was at 7:50 PM...both close at 8:00 est).
thanks guys...i hope my hurried response is understandable.
-Kapil

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Crower is overnighting me Cam lash caps at a size pretty close to what I need. They are paying for 2nd day, and i am taking the extra charge to overnight.
Hopefully this has taken care of the problem...we will see come Tuesday when i start the car.
Got my Mueller flywheel in today....
One of 2 NAs with a GTE block...feels kinda nice.
Wish me luck...in a worst case post up advice...if this doesnt work im screwed.
-Kapil

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
Keep us updated, I am ready to send mine out and would like to know the outcome.

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
they gave me all the specs but my shop (batlground) currently has them. I know intake is a 262 and exhaust is a 272. Dan at batlground who has been working on my car (almost 8 second stock body Supra) says that the cam lash caps might work, but eventually, he is sure atleast one of them will get thrown off...Crower swears by them though. Ill keep everyone 100% updated...im getting new Toyota custom size buckets though...all my info on install will be posted once it is done.
-Kapil

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I'm running a HKS intake cam (fits perfect, no shimming). I have been holding off getting a exhaust cam until something come up that I have confidence in. I don't care for that lash cap setup, makes me nervous that one will fly out (like you said). I wonder if Crower (or someone else) couldn't weld up a stock cam, and then machine it down to keep the stock base circle. It would then have to be hardened I assume. For now, I'll just stick with the stock cam in the exhaust side I guess....

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
Dave, you should be able to set up a crank trigger with AEM and weld up that hole, then you can run the HKS exhaust cam also.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Yeah, but I don't want a crank trigger setup either. :p

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i thought we were golden right?
Wrong...here it comes...
FUCK CROWER.
The lash caps that they sent me were too tight...so tight oil might not get in. Fucking lash caps.
I have to order and overnight a dummy set of pucks from Toyota, re measure, and order a correctly measured set of pucks (the dummy set is not returnable.)
180 for each set....set me back 360 extra mo-fn dollars plus install time. I had to take a loan out...this sucks so damn bad.
How much would Ferrea charge to make custom valves? If i can get it down to FL next week, and then save up for custom valves, then i could be ok and wouldnt worry so much about the lash cap shit.
Either that or get a used NA head (i know a guy who has one) for $250, then throw that one on and be set. I had such a horrible day man...
Spent all my cell phone minutes, and time, and energy driving to a shop that thought they had a spare set of stock NA cams lying around for $200....they didnt. Sat in traffic for 2hrs.

Anyone have Crower Cams on here in a GE? ANYONE? What did you do!?
Need help...advice, or Cash.
-Kapil Gandhi

·
Registered
220 Posts
DaveH said:
I wonder if Crower (or someone else) couldn't weld up a stock cam, and then machine it down to keep the stock base circle.

webcamshafts.com quoted me approximately $350 per camshaft for a 4 cam V6 to hardweld to my grind specs.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
SSSUPRA said:
Dave, you should be able to set up a crank trigger with AEM and weld up that hole, then you can run the HKS exhaust cam also.
Crank trigger isn't enough for the AEM it needs the G1 signal from the cam. Haltech, I believe, can just use crank trigger.

-scott

G

·
Kapil,

I know this may not help, but Gianttomato can get cams made in AUS that are the stock base circle I believe or you use shim under bucket instead of shim on bucke.

Ryan

·
Over Medicated
2,720 Posts
LMBLF8 has a set of Crower regrounds in his NA-T. He is here in Tampa Florida. I believe he'll be at the Supra meet in Orlando the first weekend in February. His actual name is Chris but LMBLF8 is his SF ID.

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
see if you can get him on here to post up advice. I need the help.
Thanks.

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok...
The dummy buckets came in too late to measure and then order in time to overnight for tomorrow. Exhaust side, all but two are in spec...intake side, none fit. I need a stock intake cam, to re-measure, order the right size, then get them in. I am running up to a shop where i buddy of mine works (Chris Parvin, ultra-quick MKII) and a turbo intake came from there. I can get the HKS for $300, but i am running out of cash. From there, intake came goes in, and i will have one aftermarket cam. fucking Crower.
Bastards.
And they charged me for the second set of cam lashes, until they get there first set back.....fuckheads.
My car is pushed back to Wednesday...giving me Thursday after 5pm to put 500 miles on it before Friday trip to FL.
-Kapil

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
job done. Note the "got the car back post."

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dont ever get Crower...i am saving you the hassle now...its not worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts