Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to go 264s.....where did you buy your BC or HKS...and are you looking to go 272 and wanna sell me your 264?... :) doesnt hurt to ask...im beggining my hunt.....gimmie some dirt!

·
Registered
501 Posts
There are lots of dyno stats as well as feebdack on the can setups avail in the "tuning" section.
The cam selection is all about you though. Where you want the power is where you want to select. I like better mid range as well as smooth idle, stock cams are fine fo me. I dont drag race so the top end is not as important.

Stock cams go a long way with the addition of valvetrain. Just somthing to think about.

Before you really need cams just look at how many members here are at 500+ on the stock cams with a good setup and tune.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are lots of dyno stats as well as feebdack on the can setups avail in the "tuning" section.
The cam selection is all about you though. Where you want the power is where you want to select. I like better mid range as well as smooth idle, stock cams are fine fo me. I dont drag race so the top end is not as important.

Stock cams go a long way with the addition of valvetrain. Just somthing to think about.

Before you really need cams just look at how many members here are at 500+ on the stock cams with a good setup and tune.
I'm not really asking about "if" or "what" I should do. I want 264s. I want more than 500 and mid to upper rpm hp. I was asking where everyone purchased and if they want to upgrade and sell me there 264s.

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
horespowerfreaks, jscspeed, titan motorsports are just some of the websites/places that sells cams, SIP, MVP, etc also carries them to. 264's are usually for people running t67's turbos or below, 272's or 280's are for people that are running big turbos. Like the guy said it depands on what you want.

I'm not really asking about "if" or "what" I should do. I want 264s. I want more than 500 and mid to upper rpm hp. I was asking where everyone purchased and if they want to upgrade and sell me there 264s.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stock cams go a long way with the addition of valvetrain. .
i dont know how much i agree with this statement.....stock valve train is just fine...especialy with stock cams......and upgraed valve train does nothing for HP and the stock cams run out of breath up top....
i want 264 and rev till like 8k on stock valve train......and im running a 6765 billet

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Its also about how much lift you are willing to go with....ie interference setup or not. For me I had an issue with a timing tensioner once and I just cant bring myself to make 20 more HP at the risk of major $$$ in case of another failure. SO, I went with HKS 272's

Jason

·
Registered
501 Posts
i dont know how much i agree with this statement.....stock valve train is just fine...especialy with stock cams......and upgraed valve train does nothing for HP and the stock cams run out of breath up top....
i want 264 and rev till like 8k on stock valve train......and im running a 6765 billet
I have always errored on the side of stronger springs when toying with the redline, with the stock cams it does choke a bit top end but with a good flowing setup it's nbd.
I like a large and early tq curve with smooth power to redline. I have had issues in the past with valve float when bouncing off rev limiter, just my opinion man. Good luck with your setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.