Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sent another set of cams to Schnieder to be regrinded today. The intake will be 262 @ .050 with a 12.5mm lift, the exhaust 268 @ .050 with a 12.5 mm lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
conundrum07 said:
Another set? What were the first ones?
They are 272s with the stock lift. With all the port work the higher lift is what I need. Or I'm wasting the new found flow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
drjonez said:
man that's a lot of lift. you sort out the shim/bucket thing?
Yea we got it sorted out. The Echo buckets are 7 grams lighter too. Man the head really moves past .300 lift. We think the 12.5mm (.492)s will do the trick. After .500 the numbers level off. I have new numbers but we need the cams to really see were we are. We made a studed cam girdle too:D Reason for the girdle is we have seen the cam caps crack, even let go with cams of this size.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Dang that is a ton of lift.
Are they welding on new material to increase the lift? They can't just reduce your base circle right? (or whatever they call it.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Show us the cam girdle!! The 1SZ-FE lifters are 11 grams lighter BTW. :D

:TTIWWP:
LOL. I'll post them, let me finish it up first. 11 grams damn.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
adjuster said:
Dang that is a ton of lift.
Are they welding on new material to increase the lift? They can't just reduce your base circle right? (or whatever they call it.)
Yea they are welding them up. They will be reducing the base circle also.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Oh yeah, how much was left of the cam journals after you bored the head? That's what made me go the extra mile for the 1SZ buckets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Oh yeah, how much was left of the cam journals after you bored the head? That's what made me go the extra mile for the 1SZ buckets.
They didn't look to bad. Still have good surface area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Yep. They drop right in. The hard part is getting them.
Hey did you get them? Plus with my lift the cams will be right at the edge, so I need the Echo buckets. (Allan trying to sike himself out here)!

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
So far, I have the one sample. I used it to confirm the fit and the right thickness availability. The echo buckets do have a larger footprint and I think that is why Toyota is using that size almost exclusively now. I'll LYK how the 28mm lifters do with 11 and change worth of lift.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts