Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Larry

I've heard you've installed hks camshafts on stock turbod supras did you have any trouble with the running of the car with the stock ecu?

I've got a Jap spec and just installed hks camshafts I've got stock ecu with fuel regulator and cam gears, unfortunately I can't even get it to run now, it idles rough which was expected but I can't create any boost cause the computer cuts and splutters anything over -10psi

Would you have any advice on what's going on with my car is the longer duration playing havoc in someway with the computer and if it is are there any tricks I can try without going to an aftermarket fuel comp?

if I have to go another computer then what do I need to make this work and i'm on a budget so any advise on any cheap comps that will do the job?

any advice is greatly appreciated as my car is now undriveable

thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went 264's and it's running like, well it's not running driveable :(
will 0 out cam timing and get back to you.... thanks Larry

would the differences of jap and US spec make the difference of running or not being able to run?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is fixed!!!!!!!
I'm so grateful that all you guys bar some have convinced me that they work on stock ecu, cause I was so close to giving it back to the mechanic and cutting my losses by undoing the job and putting stock cams back in ..... but I gave it one last go looked for cracked hoses under manifold and seeing if all cylinders were firing, IT was the number 1 cylinder the dickhead mechanic had broken the plug to the coil pack but from looking at it it was connected so that must have caused the car to go into limp home mode, once again THANKYOU ALL for your advice cause I was up shits creek with what was going on.

Anyway I havn't dynoed the car with the new cams but from the bum in the seat feel it feels awesome revs out stronger and at 16psi it makes 20hp more GTECH HP's than it was before at 19psi so i'm wrapped best PLUS+ mod i've ever done
when I get a dyno done I'll post it and tell you all results
it also runs rich at idle at with these cams and idle alters only slightly from 950-1000 burbling cams yeah baby!
highly recommend this mod for you stock turbo BPUers that want extra power and torque

1 - 6 of 6 Posts