Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I own a Supra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are the largest camshafts I can go with on a non built bpu supra? I currently have HKS 264's? Can I go any larger or are the better cams for the supra than the HKS 264?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would keep the 264, cause I don't see a reason to go more aggressive while being bpu. BUT, I think Kamiraa on this forum used HKS 280 cams on his bpu car.
You should try pm him how he liked it.

·
I own a Supra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would keep the 264, cause I don't see a reason to go more aggressive while being bpu. BUT, I think Kamiraa on this forum used HKS 280 cams on his bpu car.
You should try pm him how he liked it.
I've been talking to him via pm... he is sort of the inspiration for this thread.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Try out GSC. I am running their S2 cams and I love them. Mind you, when you are going larger than 264 and with a bigger lift you want to go with the shimless bucket conversion. In combination with the BC springs and Ti retainers it is one of the best mods I ever did. The bucket and retainer are about half the weight of the stock pieces and you don't have to worry about spitting a shim.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I have the GSC S1's and love them, but I have a twin turbo setup with a fully built/ported head. I don't think I'd go larger than the S1's on the stock twins. Actually, I agree with Brokx about keeping the 264's for now, they're a good match for the stock twins. If you ever go with a larger turbo in the future, that's the time to reconsider more aggressive cams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.