Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I still can't decide which cam to go with my GT42 setup.

So far I know is this:

There's the reverse staggered HKS 272/264 setup.

HKS 272 and HKS 280 same lift, duration is different. Duration on HKS 280 will shift powerband to the right.

Crane has 3 stages, the custom Sound Performance setup, Cowboy Bebop's crane setup.
Crane Stage 2 is similar to the HKS 264 but with more lift, same duration
Crane Stage 3 is similar to the HKS 272 but with more lift, same duration

Sound Performance, I have no clue about it. Some feedback that I have is that there's non porting related headwork to be done. More like clearance issues. Don't take me wrong if it's incorrect info, this is just what I hear/read.

Cowboy Bebob cams are the reverse staggered style of Crane, which is a stage 3 for intake and stage 2 for exhaust.

So far I am leaning more towards the Cowboy setup than the others. My car will be on the track around 5 times a year for heads up racing, the remainder will be weekend street use.I want good performance on the street with the badass idle

I just want to double check if I am on the right track here.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
the headwork that needs to be done is because of the high lift of the custom crane's. Otherwise I dont think there is any info available about them.

Alex

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
crane is not the same as crower.. i would get the cranes for way cheaper since i work at a domestic shop which is why the crane cams interest me. if i didn't, i would have probably just gone with the hks's but who knows. if the regular off the shelf (not the SP race ones) crane cams suck they i will just have to go with the hks's. just seeing what people on here think about them although i don't think many people have tried the cranes.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UpdateL: Just went with the HKS 280, but my dumbass didn't calculate the overlap on them.

I would have loved to have gotten the Cowboy Bebop's staggered setup, but it would have taken me 1month+ to get.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
Ha Ha, I don't know that I can trust a company that makes cames for a 2J'C'-GTE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts