Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..sorry if this is a dumb question but can i fit a 2JZGTTE engine from like a 93+(mkiv) supra into my 87 supra? or am i limitied to the 7mgte?

also, i've seen many twin turbo supra motors with an auto trans going for about $2000, does that seem kind of cheap or is that reasonable?

thanks
chew

·
Registered
559 Posts
they fit, but i heard that if u want to keep the stock twins u have to cut some parts of the firewall.. maybe not. i wouldnt keep that stock auto tranny either, stick with the mkiii R154 5speed, itll mate to a 2jz using the 1jz bellhousing

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
Yes it fits and yes you have to do some modifications to make it work.

$2000 for a 2jz-gte isn't unheard of but it is cheap, auto's usually do drop the price from a comparable manual tranny.

Sounds like you have a lot of research to do, considering that we have an entire section dedicated to the 1JZ/2JZ MKIIIs.

Edit: and yes you have to modify the firewall to make it work. I heard that a good pounding will do without needing to cut, but read the 2JZ section and look for swap threads. There have been a lot of buildup pics that people are just finishing from the winter going up.

·
Wooop woop woop!
121 Posts
It should work, i've seen quite a few people with that.

If you need someone to ask more questions try SupraNikolai, or atleast i think thats his screen name. He's already done that swap

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts

Thats my 2jz swap, a few of us on here have done it. Off the top of my head SupraNikolai, 2jzMKIII, got boost, and a few others.

Good Luck

Jeremy

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
look in the 1j/2j section... all the info is there...

·
Registered
320 Posts

Thats my 2jz swap, a few of us on here have done it. Off the top of my head SupraNikolai, 2jzMKIII, got boost, and a few others.

Good Luck

Jeremy
dear sir, your mk3 is sex. not to mention the 164 in the back round. i'm personally a gtv6 guy though.

very nice mk3!! i'd like to see a build thread on this one.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one more question..for those of you who have swapped out your motors..where did you get them from?
has anyone heard of tigerjapanese.com..
finding stuff without the search function is rough :confused:

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
hey guys..sorry if this is a dumb question but can i fit a 2JZGTTE engine from like a 93+(mkiv) supra into my 87 supra? or am i limitied to the 7mgte?

also, i've seen many twin turbo supra motors with an auto trans going for about $2000, does that seem kind of cheap or is that reasonable?

thanks
chew
No limitations to the 7M > 814 RWHP & climbing here. Both engines are great and both cost money to make power.

Duane

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i dont know if i just want to mod up my 7mge or just swap it out..im kind of on the fence right now..it seems like putting power into a n/a engine just eats up so much more money..money that i dont really want to spend if i dont have to..lol

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
NA = waste of money if trying to get power

·
Will my Supra ever run?!!
276 Posts
I picked up my 2JZ TT with an auto on it for $1800 CDN. The 1JZ bellhousing and flywheel are starting to get a little harder to find though, and if you're thinking about doing a swap like this, get on it before all the parts you need are no longer available.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts