Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i ahve prob wiht my car and it leads up to my ignotor but t passed the tsmr test just fine

chould it still be broken

i droped it befor so i am thinking that is is broekn

turbo car peeps

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BrysonK said:
Is the ignitor grounded properly to the body of the car?

what do you mean grounded it did get painted and such it's bolts ot teh car the wires coming off the harness ont eh block are grounded

and i took all the wire wires formt eh main fuse box and just tied it all to 8 grage ground wire that is very short liek 3 inc at most

buteh ignitor is self is just bolts down paint is between the where it si boltsed down but that whould not make a diff in any way

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The Ignitor itself is grounded through its bracket to the car. I had my bracket coated, and installed it, and my car woudln't fire up (no spark). Finally narrowed it down the ignitor, ground away the paint/coating where the ignitor bolted to the bracket and the brack to the body of the car, and it worked perfectly.

I'd say grind all the surfaces to the metal for the best contact, and see if that works.

HTH
BK

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BrysonK said:
The Ignitor itself is grounded through its bracket to the car. I had my bracket coated, and installed it, and my car woudln't fire up (no spark). Finally narrowed it down the ignitor, ground away the paint/coating where the ignitor bolted to the bracket and the brack to the body of the car, and it worked perfectly.

I'd say grind all the surfaces to the metal for the best contact, and see if that works.

HTH
BK

you don't say man you might have just made my day i tell you i thought it use the ground formt eh main harness

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
ryan, wouldnt it be funny if the reason your car wont fire up is that you painted the bay after i suggested it? lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts