Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GFORCE ECU 2JZGTE by mike li, on Flickr

I was told by the previous owner this ECU is mapped for larger injectors, and he ran 1000cc on it. That's all the info I have. Anyone who might have a G-Force with the same chips do you know what was done to it?

I tried contacting technosquare by e-mail, facebook and phone, no response.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My understanding from reading as many old threads as I could find, and talking with OGs like Stu and Slither, is that units with one chip, like mine, have A/F changes, fuel cut and speed limit deletes. The A/F changes probably came in two or 3 general options, based on intended use with stock twins, small single, or large single. This same chip also can have Rev limit raise to differing amounts, from no change , ranging up to 8000.

The pic above appears that you have two chips, so the second one is for timing changes. It is going to advance timing less aggressively than the stock program. Old threads indicate owners were often unhappy with the altered timing, in some cases reporting making less power than with a stock ECU because of this factor.

It is my understanding that there is no way to tell by just looking at the markings or the chips more specific details like exactly which rev limit, which of the A/F or timing maps is on a specific unit. You can only know by what prior owners tell you, and what you can learn by using it.

Brian

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mine has two chips. The guy said it had a 8000 rpm rev limit and I thought the second chip is what raised the rev limit.

·
Hardtopper
2,479 Posts
All of the tuning changes except for timing are done on the fuel chip -- boost/speed cut delete, rev-limit, fuel maps, etc.. If you have a Gforce with only 1 chip, it does not have any timing mods. Also, all OBDII Gforce were fuel chip only.

There is no logical way to decode what's written on the chips. I've owned several (at least 6+) of these ECU's over the years and I think every one has had something different written on the chips. I called Technosquare a few years back to inquire and the guy that answered said the engineer (Tadashi?) that used to do the mapping was no longer there, so it was a dead end. I recall years back even when he was there, you had to send the ECU back to have them read the chips to determine the actual changes made. Evidently what's written on them wasn't enough for them to tell exactly what was done...!? They had 'off the shelf' mods/options, but I'm fairly certain they could do custom changes for specific requests, which makes it even more difficult to know what's going on. I even had one that had a switch that allowed you to flip back and forth between 2 different maps like a pump gas/race gas map.

For anyone shopping for a Gforce, I recommend the getting a fuel-only modded one, unless the prior owner(s) know truly what was done to it. If that's not an option, then some time on a dyno should reveal what's done it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 2 G-Force ECU OBD1, and they both have the same EEPROM chip markings on them. both are 580.SCL / 590.SC2.... that means they are the same tunning??

However, one seller tells me the ECU was mapped for 1000cc, and the other said it's for stock 550cc....

So the fuel and timing changes are all stored on the EEPROM chips?

anyone knows what the square large I/C is for? I tried to look up the markings but couldn't find anything. there are 2 of them on each daughterboard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts