Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supra372
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an Synapse Synchronic BOV.

I mounted the bov next to the intercooler near the front bumper. You can see the bov if you were to stand in front of the car.

The ONLY time I ever get to hear my bov, is then Im well into boost!

Questions:

1) Where is the best place for optimal bov responses?

2) What do I need to adjust so I can hear my bov, without having to be well into boost?

Reference:

I have a 1994 single turbo 6spd(bw s372)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Different car, different turbo, different engine, different boost, etc. My Synapse Synchronic on my Supra was also quiet with and without the anti-stall valve. And with Supras IIRC bov's are best closest to the TB.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am running one on my 2JZ pickup and it is loud as shit. Mine is located right b4 the TB. Post a pic of how it is set up. I had an issue with one of the vacuum lines. It was just a little loose and so the BOV was not opening all the way. I will get a video\sound clip and show you.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,252 Posts
You are suppose to mount the BOV as close to the throttle plate as possible. I have a Synapse BOV and that thing is freaking HUGE! Also apparently they recommend getting a filter on the BOV if you don't recirculate, making this BOV even bigger.

I am tempted to sell it and get a Tial BOV since I don't have a MAF anyways.

·
Supra372
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are suppose to mount the BOV as close to the throttle plate as possible. I have a Synapse BOV and that thing is freaking HUGE! Also apparently they recommend getting a filter on the BOV if you don't recirculate, making this BOV even bigger.

I am tempted to sell it and get a Tial BOV since I don't have a MAF anyways.
Are you happy with this bov?

If I mount it right next to throttle plate, do you think I would hear it more often?

Because the only time I hear it now, is when im well into boost!

·
Supra372
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am running one on my 2JZ pickup and it is loud as shit. Mine is located right b4 the TB. Post a pic of how it is set up. I had an issue with one of the vacuum lines. It was just a little loose and so the BOV was not opening all the way. I will get a video\sound clip and show you.

Please post the video asap!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.