Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here think they can help me out with my boost problem? i know of only 1 other mkiv owner but the car currently unavaible anyone else think they can?

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
BHG

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the problem is
everytime i wot right when the 2nd turbo spooles up and is ready to go. instead of boost holding at 1 bar it continue and spike all thw ay to 1.5 bar an di have to let go at 5000. so i get alot of backfiring and i waste a huge amount of gas. when im driving local and i wot it no problem goes up to 1 bar but there is a very small backfiring not much of a problem to me. but everytime im on the freeway i backfire like crazy. i lose tons of hp n gas. i play with the settings i have a greddy profec b 2. i cant seem to hold boost. im always over boosting. also where is campauto?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I think you deserve to have the boost problem because you have a problem of 'Everytime I go wot.' Haha! What turbo are you running and what conversion should I use to translate the amount of hp you have, into tons? MKIV's hold about 17 gallons of fuel which is no where close to a ton(s).

I seriously know what you're talking about in reference of not being able to hold boost. I never met a man who was able to hold it in their own hands.

Campauto is located in Yellowstone National Park. I went there when I was 15 for a school trip but ended up smoking a shitload of heroin that night.

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
VINZE said:
I think you deserve to have the boost problem because you have a problem of 'Everytime I go wot.' Haha! What turbo are you running and what conversion should I use to translate the amount of hp you have, into tons? MKIV's hold about 17 gallons of fuel which is no where close to a ton(s).

I seriously know what you're talking about in reference of not being able to hold boost. I never met a man who was able to hold it in their own hands.

Campauto is located in Yellowstone National Park. I went there when I was 15 for a school trip but ended up smoking a shitload of heroin that night.
:lol:

·
former SVB
1,155 Posts
magicsupra721 what you are seeing is perfectly normal. The problem is you are lifting too soon, once you hit 5K the boost will then slowly taper to 1.2 at redline. hope this helps. If not, try tech-motorsports since they are local.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my boost doesn't og bakc down to 1.2 bar the thing is it goes up to 1.5 bar and continue to backfire until i let off the gas. at like 5000rpm i have to let off. something is really wrong anything i should look out for during the reinstalltion ? im running on stock turbos so do i plug both acuators? T split them anyone have any info on installing a profec b? what line to tap? please help ^^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts