Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is gonna be a hard one...it is obviously not one of the big manufacturers, and it appears to have function. I have no idea what the function is, tho I would be curious. Can anyone look at the pins and tell where it is acting? How would I read the program? I am curious as to what this does.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is not a FCO device as I was cut off at a little above 12 psi. What else could it be? The car is a 91turbo, manual...ran a [email protected] 12psi on a t3/t4. Any info would be appreciated....

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
its a thing that tracks every movement you make. so that we know where your car is. heheheheh

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,149 Posts
prob somehting to add more HZ for fuel or something.. I have no clue never seen somethingl ike that...

Could also be a bad ecu that last minute changes where made to it..

I've seen it done on computer hardware...

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm...the car is 4th hand, and the previous owners kept the car in immaculate shape...everything was professionally installed, and I doubt they would do such a hack job.

As far as more info goes, I don't know what else to tell you. The car ran pig rich, had stock FCO, and it ran really well. All MK3s tend to run rich at 12 psi or so, so it is nothing out of the ordinary. I am going to keep this setup while using an SAFC2...don't know how that would effect tuning in any way. Any suggestions? I can take more pictures? Any guesses on how I could assess the function of the chip inside?

G

·
0 Posts
prob somehting to add more HZ for fuel or something.. I have no clue never seen somethingl ike that...
That would make him hit FC earlier and besides i think if a person knows how to do that they know a supra runs rich as it is stock.

Mabey its there to adjust timing?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GreaseMonkey said:
That would make him hit FC earlier and besides i think if a person knows how to do that they know a supra runs rich as it is stock.

Mabey its there to adjust timing?

Interesting point...when I checked the timing a while ago (before BHG), the timing was way off...in the upper teens. I don't know what the factory specs are, but I remember looking at it back then and wondering why it was so off....I left it alone bc the HG went anyway....

·
Registered
562 Posts
i have seen one before a long time ago. It is from a company in japan and isnt all that trustworthy. i have long forgotten the name of the company. At least it is not considered a good mod from the people I know in japan. Be careful if you keep it.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh well...better than nothing. Have the Lexus AFM instead. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Oh yeah...the friggin thing never worked from day one. I was hitting fuel cut at 12 psi like no tomorrow. Shawndude, good find.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As mentioned above it seems to be an add on FCD.
A company here in Germany sells them in addition with a manual boost controler as "chip tuning". All they do, is screwing up the Boost and turn off the FC with this litte solder-in thing.
Umm oh , yes they remove the first cat too.
But they take an arm and a leg for this stupid (base) mod. About 940 $

Grizzly

1 - 20 of 20 Posts