Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 97 white hardtop N/A 5-speed at Turbo Toys, in Tampa, Florida and I was wondering if someone could go check it for me supposing they had some free time and lived close by (I don't want anyone to go out of their way!). It LOOKS beautiful but my moniter is tiny, and I'd really rather someone who already knows enough about these cars to get a better look, possibly a test drive in for me.

It is on a rebuilt Florida title, but so is my car now, so I'm not too heartbroken. I just need to know how much YOU would pay for it, all things considered.

I can provide more information at your request! If everything works out I'm going to Tampa in a few weekends! :)

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
IMO id suggest staying away from it....but thats just me...

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else? I want to get as many opinions as I possibly can.

I need you to be thorough - make sure the VINs are kosher, et cetera.

I am serious about buying this car, and I am, I hate to say it, relying on your eyes at the moment.

·
Unfvckwithable
401 Posts
Don't do it!

Anyone that buys over there is making a huge mistake! I know exactly what kind of work he does over there. It is not in your best interest guy.

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a guy, but noted.

I was just being told on AIM that the car is a beauty.

What the fuck is up with the mixed messages?

·
5,467 Posts
ThisIsHavoc said:
Not a guy, but noted.

I was just being told on AIM that the car is a beauty.

What the fuck is up with the mixed messages?
turbo toys basically takes fucked up totalled supras and makes new ones...whether it be by halfcutting them and welding two bodies together or simply fixing the damage on the car....

the problem didnt use to exist...before they got a little big...jims a good guy...but he rarely has time for the work anymore it seems and half the guys he employs IMO do shitty work....

like i said before...unless you want a car with problems ...id suggest looking elsewhere...looks can be VERY deceiving...

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just had another person who has seen it vouch for it.

This is confusing.

Looks like I'm going to Tampa. *sighs*

·
TH400 Club
809 Posts
My car is from Jim and I have ZERO problems. The price was right and the car runs strong. Make sure you look at the car yourself. Search Turbo Toys and you will see what all the fuss is about.

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
guess it al depends on why it has a rebuilt title. friend of mine bought one that was rebuilt title due to flood damage. i checked the car out, no rust or anything. all problems guy told him about where as described, i found a couple lil misc things wrong, even pulled the carpet up as it was obviously new to check under, everything looked ok. he bought it and shipped it to cali then flew down and drove it to canada. he got a good deal, others im sure havent. just look it over yourself, even if theres stuff that needs fixed, figure that into what your willing to spend, pay X for the car then y to fix the things that need it or bug you and you got a nice ride for z

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Xenon Supra said:
its never a good idea to buy a car with a rebuilt title
My Integra is on a rebuilt title - the man I bought it from BUYS cars and rebuilds them, and then builds the hell out of them. I have never had any problems from it that did not come from my own accord, so.. :stickpoke

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
I'll give it a once over Kristene, I'm gonna be there anyway. And check everything, and be on the phone with you when I do.

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alrighty. I e-mailed him to let him know you were going; I will also be calling him on my way to the lawyer's office to see if there's anything I need to know.

Thanks!

·
5,467 Posts
X2daC said:
I'll give it a once over Kristene, I'm gonna be there anyway. And check everything, and be on the phone with you when I do.
im not trying to be a smartass or anything...but do you actually know anyting about mkivs to have you looking it over be worth anything? im being serious not trying to insult or belittle you...just an honest question...

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IdealSupra said:
im not trying to be a smartass or anything...but do you actually know anyting about mkivs to have you looking it over be worth anything? im being serious not trying to insult or belittle you...just an honest question...
Then why don't you go look at it? No point in being negative if you aren't willing to fill his spot. I'm going to have a look at it anyways, I just want to know if it's worth my time. I've already had one person tell me it was - a lot of naysayers, but no legit reasons why, just vague remarks.

I know very little about MKIVs but I sure knew enough to tell my friend not to pay more than 13 for his. (There's a post in GSC about it.) I think Alex knows as much if not more than I do - he should be more than capable of telling me the basic "You will need to fix this," "It had X damage here," and "It pulls to the right".

·
5,467 Posts
ThisIsHavoc said:
Then why don't you go look at it? No point in being negative if you aren't willing to fill his spot. I'm going to have a look at it anyways, I just want to know if it's worth my time. I've already had one person tell me it was - a lot of naysayers, but no legit reasons why, just vague remarks.

I know very little about MKIVs but I sure knew enough to tell my friend not to pay more than 13 for his. (There's a post in GSC about it.) I think Alex knows as much if not more than I do - he should be more than capable of telling me the basic "You will need to fix this," "It had X damage here," and "It pulls to the right".
like i said in my post...i wasnt trying to soudn negative...BUT theres difference between being able to tell obvious things...and knowing what to look for...and finding small but IMPORTANT things that could effect the car... thats all... it was just an honest question...

ive already said my opinion about the car...i PERSONALLLY wouldnt care if it was covered in gold...ive SEEN the work that comes form that place as of late and i would never want anything from there...PERIOD.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
IdealSupra said:
like i said in my post...i wasnt trying to soudn negative...BUT theres difference between being able to tell obvious things...and knowing what to look for...and finding small but IMPORTANT things that could effect the car... thats all... it was just an honest question...

ive already said my opinion about the car...i PERSONALLLY wouldnt care if it was covered in gold...ive SEEN the work that comes form that place as of late and i would never want anything from there...PERIOD.
Have you seen the car personally? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
827 Posts
i bought my first supra from jim and i loved it even though it was an na. jim is a good guy, just talk to him and he'll be straight up with you about what type of conidtion the car was in. as for the car, i see it a lot and it looks good. never drove it, but i bet it's fine.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Jim is a good guy.
If I were you I wouldn't buy it.

Reason is that is may develope some "minor" problems. Jim will warranty his work, but are you going to drive down everytime something little shows up? He knows exactly what was bent and were to look for problems and would fix it for you if it did develope problems (in a reasonable time frame)

I have had two rebuilt tittle cars I have no problem with the title, I KNOW what the damage was.

I also wouldn't pay anywhere near that price. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265228 I know my car is making the current owner very happy and has a LOT of life left in it.

Keep looking, you'll find a clean title at a deal soon enough.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts