Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to have some fiberglass work done to a kit and have it painted.
Anyone have any recomendations?

I've got a great paint guy, but I don't know if he does much fiberglass work.

· Registered
2,514 Posts
almaden collision & kenny auto
5827 winfield blvd
san jose, CA 95123

408 227 9190

lots of experience with fiberglass

our body man and our shop is the original one that did bozz performance gold top secret supra, and another local RX7 with a Amesth widebody paint job, bozz performance's white NSX and of course my supra

my kit is on SOLID-- theres a number of custom brakets made throughout the bumper to prevent flex

hammer form/flare my fenders n quarters

· Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The front bumper I wanted is no longer being made in Japan, so if I still want that style, I need to go with a knock off.

With enough time and money, they should be able to get it to fit clean, right?

· Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted the Varis front, but it is out of production.
Grounddynamics makes a rip off of it. I have no experience with knock offs and I have heard all of the horror stories, but even if it costs me $1,000 to get this to fit, it will still be cheaper than the Varis (which is irrelevant because it is gone).

I would prefer to buy the original. I contacted a member on this site with that kit, but he didn't want to sell.

· Registered
2,514 Posts
well we can definitely cut/ fiberglass and refit it

its not like the top secret stuff fitted like a charm either

call them up. and bring it in for a quote. be sure to tell them its a knock off . it might cost a little more to fit it up cuz they will make brackets to bolt up and mount key portions of the bumper to prevent flex

a plate was rivted to the bottom of my modelista design bumper because it was wavy

reference to said wavyness ( also take notice to fitting of the hood and shaving of the high spot)

to add stability a custom tripod bracket was made to fit and hold up the middle section of the bumper. Tripod made of aluminum in front of the grill on the hood

· Registered
2,514 Posts
you'd have to bring it in. but PM me. are you doin a full color change ? body kit? factory ? jobs like that usually need to be brought in to get quoted

we just did a 66 wide body mustang for 2300$ in " titan supra" orange not that he meant to take their color but thats how the color came out.

that car came in stripped. and we did no body work on it what so ever except wet sand and slight prepping.

· Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful work.
Do you know if it is possible to bond urethane to fiberglass?
I'd also like to have my stock brake duct hole bonded to a fiberglass side skirt if that is possible.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.